Chapter 40: Not Again!!!

Zak

Walking up to see Dia with her coffee in my hand. Ace is by my side carrying her food. The doctor had said she must have lost weight and could feel very drained. She has also lost a lot of blood which has made her weak and they said it could take about a month to get better. Mr Scoleman was so mad, apparently, he ended up killing her biological father.

My phone starts ringing. I answer the phone, not seeing the caller ID.

"How dare you be at the hospital comforting her," my mother shouts at me. Ace takes the phone out of my hands, "I would recommend if you like your tongue to stop now. No one disrespects my sister and if you think because your family is known for doing good, and charity work but, I will expose your families' secrets faster than I hand out drugs to the city, so I would watch my mouth from now on."

Ace cuts the call before giving me back the phone.

"Thank you," I say.

"You are welcome, and you are also welcomed to stay at my house if they keep badger, you about dating my sister," he says before walking into the door first.

"Thanks again," I say walking behind him.

"You are- where is she!" he starts saying but ends up screaming. Noah walks into the room and looks at us shocked.

"Noah, you were supposed to be watching her," Ace say, anger is dancing in his eyes, his fists clench and unclench and clench again. His fists go white from how hard he is holding his hand in a fist.

"I just went to the bathroom," Noah says, putting his hands up defensively.

"And when you got back, you never thought about checking if she was in the room!" Ace says, Mr. Scoleman walks through the door to see what all the screaming is about.

"Ace, calm down what is going on," Mr. Scoleman says with a packet of MacDonalds in it. He only keeps his eyes on Ace, not looking at the empty hospital bed. I wonder if Dia loves their burgers.

"Noah apparently went to the bathroom the same time, Dia went missing, we know she can't walk which means, she was kidnapped," Ace says in a cold and harsh tone. Like he is trying to contain his anger. I wonder if anger issues runs in the family or if they were brought up to have anger issues because even Dia has anger issues.

"I do not know what to say but are their any clues?" Mrs. Scoleman says, as she places her hand on Mr. Scoleman's chest. Mr. Scoleman rubs his eyes with his middle finger and his thumb. The other hand goes around Mrs. Scoleman's waist.

"Get the men ready to do a sweep of the city, I want to know everything. I want to know what time the people go to the bathroom, when they are done working, when they go to sleep and even when they decide to put anything in their mouth," Mr. Scoleman says, he takes the coffee. He takes a sip of the coffee before exiting the room. Mrs. Scoleman walks behind him. I think she is stressed about her daughter but I feel like she is trying to calm Mr. Scoleman in case he decides to blow up the city to find his daughter.

"When we get her back, this better not happen again," Ace growls at Noah, "Zak follow me," he says exiting the room.

"It won't," Noah says before he salutes Ace and walks away.