Chapter 48: Loss?

Zak

"Dia has temporarily lost her hearing. With the right antibiotics and treatment, she should be able to regain her hearing," The doctor says, looking at Mr. and Mrs. Scoleman.

"What exactly will the antibiotics do?" Mr. Scoleman questions, Mrs Scoleman holds him almost like she is trying to restrict him from hurting the doctor.

His hand curls up in a fists, while he waits for the doctor to answer. Mrs Scoleman rumbs her thumb on his arms.

"It'll help with the bacteria infection she has on her leg from the wound being open for so long," She turns to look at Dia before she walks to check on her.

Dia grabs my hand and looks at me, "What is going on?" she piercingly questions.

I open my mouth but close it when I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn to look who it is; it is Mrs. Scoleman's hand.

Mrs. Scoleman steps forward towards Dia, careful not to bump her stomach. She gently holds Dia's face up, looking into her eyes before kissing her forehead. Dia looks dumbfounded.

She looks cute when she is confused. I feel bad for her, she can't hear right now because of the explosion. I wonder who set the explosion up or if it was Asher's plan all along because he got killed in the explosion.

I wonder if he set it up in case he got caught.