Chapter 47: Approval?

Dia

My eyes feel heavy and the last thing I remember is Ace and I running out the back exit with some of the henchmen and hench women. I remember the air smelling funny, so we tried to get everyone out, as we ran out there was a loud noise, the smell of burning things and people- burning flesh and hair was utterly clear in the air. Something had made my body move forward making myself hit the ground from the imbalance. Ace was in front of me and the next thing I remember is Ace trying to talk to me.

I slowly open my eyes, everything is blurry. There are white and black spots in my vision.

Someone grabs my hand; they gently squeeze my hand.

My vision slowly gets clearer while my hearing seems to be inaudible. I can here movement, but I can't tell from where it is coming from.

My vision clears, my mom is sitting on the chair on the far end, and my stepdad is holding her hand, but his eyes are on me. Zak is holding my hand and Ace is nowhere to be seen.

My expression changes, I try to move my body to sit up. Zak moves his body swiftly to help me. Zak moves back when my back is against the bad frame, he sits in front by the right side of the bed. His mouth starts moving but it seems too quiet for me to comprehend what he is saying. I look at him confusedly. He looks at my father. I look at him, his mouth is moving, and he is louder than Zak, "Are you okay?" or it is what I think he is saying.

The doctor walks in and looks at me.

The doctor starts speaking and everyone looks horrified at what the doctor seems to be saying to them, to me it is just the doctor's mouth moving with little sound coming out, but it is inaudible to myself.

What is going on?