Chapter 32: Old Friends or Dead Friends

Zak

"Listen, buddy, do you want to die?" Ace threatens the security guy, "Do you know who I am? How powerful I am?"

"No and I do not care," the security guard who is in front of the store's surveillance answer back to Ace. Ace flexes his hand; making a fist and opening his fingers and back to making a fist.

"Ace let me try," I whisper to him as I move in front of Ace. Trying to protect the poor guy who is just trying to do his work.

"Hey," I say

"Hey," he says dryly.

"So, I was wondering where your boss is?" I question.

"Why?" he says and then proceeds to roll his eyes.

"You just upset a Scoleman," I inform him, his face widens before he looks at Ace. Noah had decided to stay in the car.

"I am so sorry," he says, he moves aside, "Please come in."

"Nice Harandas," Ace whispers as he passes through me into the surveillance room.

Today must be my day, I have gotten two compliments from a Scoleman, they never hand out compliments like it is candy instead they hand out disgusted looks and gun shots between the eyes like a granny handing out candy. There is a reason they are respected and feared in the city. Their reputation was not from helping people, rather killing them.

~

"Is there another Hearties in the city?" Ace asks as we go through the surveillance footage.

"Yes, it is just on the way to Durban and exit this city," I respond, Ace nods his head in appreciation.

"Shit, we might not make it to their in time before they close," Ace says, pulling out his phone.

"Do you want to go first thing in the morning?" I question. Ace nods.

I turn back to the screens showing the surveillance footage.

"Wait, Ace is that Dia's ex, was it Jack or Jake or j-," I point out a figure looking like one of Dia's ex.

"Jackson," Ace says.

"Could he be our culprit?" I question.

"Let's see what he is buying," Ace moves a seat out for me as he takes a seat next to the chair, he moved for me.

I move my attention to the screen.

Jackson scrolls the aisles until he stops at the rose aisle. He starts looking at the yellow roses.

He puts the yellow rose back. He turns to look at the red roses. He grabs a red fake rose before he gets in incoming call; he takes out his phone.

He starts speaking to the person on the other side of the phone.

I turn to look at Ace, "Does the surveillance have any sound?"

"Unfortunately, not," Ace says before inserting a USB into a computer, "But fortunately for us, Noah has a friend named Jonathan which can read lips."

I am assuming he is downloading the footage for the Jonathan guy.

"Do you think we can find her in time?" I question Ace before we get up from our chairs.

"I really hope so," Ace says, looking at me before he takes the USB out of the computer.