Chapter 30: Examine the Rose or The Card?

Zak

"The rose seems to not be on any of our data base," Noah walks into the room. Ace and Noah had called a meeting, keeping the whole Dia gone missing under control- so far it is four people who know about it. They asked me to help them in case Dia had mentioned anything about making new enemies.

"Could it be a new gang trying to get their name out there or something?" I question. The boys snap their heads in my direction.

"Or something," Ace says pulling out his computer.

"It could be a new gang or the enemy's gang," Noah says, taking the image with the black rose, "they could be trying to make a statement." He moves to get his tablet and computer.

"I need the surveillance for when Dia," Noah looks at me before looking over at Ace who is on his computer, "you know the one with Asher."

"He could have given up information," Ace says, before giving me a tablet, "here are sales made in the city- the transactions of block roses. Can you look through to see if any of them match the one in and I will look at the footage," Ace points to the picture Noah just had; it is the picture of the black rose with something sticking out on the side, "transactions made."

"Sure," I say taking the tablet. I knew The Scoleman's owned the city, but I did not know they had so much power to know who makes what transaction in the city.

~

"Guys I think we have been looking at the wrong things," I say, Ace looks up from the computer in his lap from the long sofa in his office and Noah look up from the armchair he is sitting at.

"What do you mean?" Noah says, Ace just stares at me.

I take the photo and move towards them. I was sitting by Ace's desk.

"In the photo," I say placing the photo down on the coffee table by the sofas and armchairs, "If you look at the left bottom, there is a card or what looks like a card," I point to towards the black card.

"That is irrelevant," Ace says.

"Please do not kill me for saying this but that is where you are wrong," I look at him, he gives me a confused look before giving me a watch-it-your-life-is-at-stake look. I carry on, "You can only get black cards all year around at two stores in the city," I move to the tablet, "Hearties, is the only store in the city which has black cards all year around, other stores don't. They have happy birthday and anniversary, some might even have Valentine's Day cards but black, nope."

"You know this... how?" Noah asks before taking a sip form the plastic bottle, he had gotten a few minutes before I realized the card is important.

"For birthday parties, hearties have the best cards, they are creative, but they also have a colour palette of cards which you can use for any occasions such as kidnapping Dia," I say.

Noah catches on to what I am saying, he grabs his jacket.

"Don't you think the card could leave you astray?" Ace says.

"It could be the only chance we have at helping Dia," Noah says.

"You are smart Harandas," Ace says.

"Was that a compliment sir?" I question with a smirk.

"Don't push it," he says before he puts his suit jacket on.