Chapter 36: Hints?

Zak

"The flowers do not match. It is a black rose, and the other guy bought a red rose," Ace says from behind his desk.

"You are right," I start saying, "but..."

"But..." Ace and Noah look at me.

"Did he buy black paint?" I question.

"What does black paint have to do with any of this?" Noah says, rubbing his templets with his thumb and index finger.

"You can get a rose and paint it black," I answer, Aces face turns from his eyes looking sad to a tint of hoping beaming from them.

"True but going through the stores stocks will take to long," Ace looks at me, he turns his head towards Noah, "get Nick to do his job, and see for a rose or roses with black paint."

Noah nods his head before pulling out his phone, he gets up from the coach and exits the room.

"You know Harandas, you are not so bad. I can defiantly start to see why Dia is into you," he says before leaving the room, he winks before closing the door.

I pull my phone out to see four miss calls from my dad and a voice note from my mother. I play the voice note.

"Zak Theo Harandas, you have been spotted with the Scoleman's. There are even rumors of you and Dia dating, I knew you being partners with that... that girl was going to lead to this. HOW DARE YOU GO BEHIND OUR BACKS AND DATE THAT GIRL, WE SPECIFICALLY TOLD YOU NOT TO. We do charity work, and they have a bad reputation- they kill people. I do not like you hanging around them anymore. How could you ever be so selfish and possibly ruin our reputation. This is unacceptable." I start to zone out from my mother ranting about how the family's reputation is more important and how I should be with a kindhearted girl. She always tells me what to do and what girl I should be dating and how I should treat them, at some point she could be dating them more than I am. I really hoped my mom would like Dia, but I guess our families will always be different because our family's reputation is polar opposites.

The door opens while I carry on listening to the voice note my mother shouting at me.

I know Dia and I haven't made it official, but I think with her telling people leave me alone, makes us pretty official.

"The Scoleman's have been known for their dirty playing and they rule half the city, the bad side of the city where we rule the good sides. You hanging around this girl can destroy our family's reputation." I feel my left fits ball up as my right holds the phone, "we do charity work and there are rumors they run drug deals and illegal businesses," I feel a tap on my shoulder, I turn around slowly. Ace gives me a look before taking the phone.

"It's a voicemail," I say to him.

"Your mom is controlling. Why is she caring more about the family's reputation than your happiness. Look I might have a father who rules over more than half the city but never once has he ever dictated to me who I can and can not date," Ace moves his hand up and down, like he is patting my shoulder, "My parents might be seen as bad towards your parents but at least they do not dictate to me about my love life."

Ace says before removing his arm from my shoulder and taking a seat back down where he was before.