Chapter 17: Who did what sh!t?

Dia

Last week when Zak had his panic attack, I did not think about anything like the breathing techniques I was taught. I just jumped into his lips and did not think about the consequences. The star gazing was therapeutic, and I like having his company with me.

My ankle has been better, but I do miss boxing. The doctor had booked me off any sports for six weeks and I have five more weeks to go before I need to go for a checkup.

The rest of the week when I was in chemistry and Afrikaans. All I could think about was how soft his lips where. Right now, I am about to go to Zak's house. I knock on Zak's apartment door. After a while of waiting, I knock again.

The door finally opens but it is not Zak who opens it, it is Zak's older brother, Ryan.

"What do you want?" he questions me. Ryan's eye is black, and he is holding his ribcage. He must have just gotten out of the hospital today.

"I have a study session with Zak," I inform him.

He opens the door wider, I pass him, but Ryan grabs my hand and whispers in my ear, "Do not try any funny business."

"What does that suppose to mean?" I say back, not giving a shit to whisper back.

"I know girls like you, you guys steal money from men," he says, assuming who I am.

"Number one, take your hands off me. I know you have seen me do boxing and number two, I make money from boxing. I do not have to steal money for drugs," I know it was a low blow but right now he pissed me off from what he has said.

"You have no idea what you are talking about," he grabs my elbow harder.

I stand on my tippy toes and say, "Blake works for my half-brother, remember. I also work for my half-brother just in different businesses."

I know he knows about Blake being his supplier and he has a clue in which my half-brother is the main supplier, but I need him to fear me.

"So does he also have shit on you," he says, wanting more information.

"Where is Zak?" I question, changing the subject. He lets go of my hand and points to a room. Zak's apartment is like mine just he does not have a library room and you enter into his kitchen which leads into the living room and dining room. His apartment seems smaller than my apartment and his apartment has a white aesthetic whereas mine has a black aesthetic.

"Zak's room," Ryan points towards a room. He lets go of my elbow.

"Zak is in his bathroom," Ryan snarls at me, "Do not scare him please." Ryan walks away to be doing his own thing in the kitchen. I go towards the room Ryan was pointing to earlier.

I walk through the bedroom door, "Hey Zak. It is me, Dia."

No answer but I hear grunts of pain from the bathroom. I slowly walk towards the bathroom. I open the door slightly. I walk through the doorway to see Zak in pain. His lip is busted open.

"What happened?" I question through my teeth. My jaw is locked. I do care about Zak and who ever fucks with him also fucks with me. After kissing Zak last week, I made a hands-off agreement with the females. I put a no one touches him alert out and if they do- they know what I have planned for them. Who touched him? They could not resist what I offered them to stay away from Zak. Zak intrigues me and right now he will be my toy to play with.

"My brother forgot to pay, and they beat me up," he says through breathes of pain.

"WHO DID THIS?!" I say through my locked jaw, and I have no idea how my teeth are still standing from how hard I am clenching them.
"Blake and some guy called Noah, I think," Zak answers. I move towards him and take the ice pack from his hands and gently dab it on his lip. Zak flinches and I look up at his eyes. He has beautiful brown eyes. His eyes are capturing and fascinating. Personally, speaking I am trying to keep my anger in check because if it was not for Zak flinching every time he breathes, I would be beating Blake and his guys up. Noah doesn't ever get his hands dirty.

"Zak, can we go to a special doctor, please?" I question. He shakes his head.

"Zak Harandas, get your ass in my car now," I say, while trying to pull my phone out.

"Theo," he says,

"Theo?" I say after him in a unsteady voice.

"My middle name," he smiles as he tries to lean away from the sinks counter.

"Zak Theo Harandas, please listen to me," I beg, now I know how people feel when they are worried about my health and injuries.

"Why do you think I am trying to walk," he tries laughing but ends up coughing up blood.

I grab Zak's side to help support him. I give him my phone, "Go to the contact Helga and call her."

He does call her; he hands me the phone as we walk towards the exit of his apartment. We exit the building and make our way towards my car. Perks of having a father who runs the city- I get to have a car at an early age.

"Code white," I say before moving my head to signal for Zak to cut the call

I am not over eighteen so legally I am not allowed to drive but illegally I have my driver's license.

I am going to kill Blake for touching what is mine, for fucking up what is mine, for punishing what is mine and not in a good way. For putting hands on what is mine and not in the pleasurable way.