Chapter 19: No Turning Back

Lardin Avenue, Esthirant, 12:37 PM

Kaios walked through the streets of Esthirant in a hurry. While he did, he couldn't help but look all around at the vast difference the capital has went through in such a short time. Italian cars were becoming more prominent over carriages, new Italian restaurants and shops opened up, and some locals have even started to wear fashion made by Italian companies.

Kaios realised then just how far Italy has influenced Parpaldia, but how much did Parpaldia influence Italy? Last he visited, the only notable difference there was is the fact there were a lot of Parpaldian tourists that visited Italy. And a fashion trend called 'Parpaldia chic' but that was about it.

The man sighed deeply. It was almost like that Italy was gaining its grasp on Parpaldia, but surely not. What was sure is that Italy does indeed have a grasp on the Rodenius continent. And as such, he marched to the Italian Embassy.

Soon enough Kaios eyed the tricolour flag of Italy as it flew on its flagpole. He showed his ID to the gate guards and with that he entered inside. The embassy was a small building that was owned by a noble that recently died but despite that, it was grandeur as any other government building.

Kaios entered the lobby which was the closest to Italy you could get aside from going to the country itself. A modern lobby with technology everywhere, and employees who wore modern fashion. Kaios walked up to the receptionist as he spoke, "Hello? It's me, Director Kaios. I wish to speak with Ambassador Catalano?"

The receptionist, a young man in his twenties, looked up and smiled, "Oh, Sir Kaios. Good morning to you. Ambassador Catalano's just in his office. Let me ring you up," He said before he pressed a button and spoke into the talking machine. "Ambassador? Sir Kaios is here to see you."

"... Send him in, thanks Enzo!"

Enzo then directed his hand to the stairs, "He's just up in his office."

Kaios nodded, "Thank you." He started to head up the stairs of the embassy as he passed by various staff. Kaios checked his watch. Remille and Ludius should be done with lunch so he has enough time to relay whatever would happen at the meeting. With that, he reached Antonio's door and soon he knocked on it.

"Come in!" Kaios then opened the door and entered. Antonio's office was very much modern which contrasted with the traditional walls and floors of the room. "Ah, Director Kaios. What brings you here?"

"Hello, mister Catalano," Kaios said with a smile as he soon sat down. "I received the umm... latest translated newspaper from Italy. And I saw that... your nation declared war on Louria?"

Antonio blinked before he had a more concerned face, "Yes we have. Refugees have reached our southern shores and we cannot exactly deal them efficiently at least not yet. So we decided to strike the problem head on... Besides, the war crimes they have committed are abysmal."

'That's the same things our soldiers do,' Kaios thought to himself before he cleared his throat and spoke. "Ah that's the business of a barbarian nation, really but umm... you see Parpaldia has relations with Louria."

Antonio eyed Kaios as he clasped his own hands together and spoke, "Does Parpaldia have an embassy with Louria?"

"Well no-"

"A defensive pact? A trade deal? Or anything at all?" Antonio asked, eyebrow perked up.

"Uh, well Parpaldia has supplied Louria with military equipment in exchange for heavy compensation. But in that sense, we do have some ties with Louria. When we heard the news that Italy has declared war, I cannot help but think we need a discussion about this," Kaios said.

Summoning ItalyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara