Chapter 38: Just a Message

Michele tossed and turned in his sleeping cot as he gripped his blankets. Ever since the Battle of the Doors to the World, he has been struggling with his revealed Ravernal form and the memories that came with it. All he had to look forward to was heading back to Italy by January with other units.

The bearded man grunted as he tried his best to sleep. He slept on his left side, then his right, on his back yet nothing seemed to work. Maybe he needed water. He then opened his eyes.

"... What the hell!?"

Large figures surrounded him in a circle as they seemed to be conversing with each other. But as they heard Michele, they all looked down at the man.

"Oh look, he's finally awake," a woman in a grandeur kimono said.

"So the spell's working again after all these years huh?" Another man in Roman legionary armour said.

"I didn't think it would. He doesn't seem ill so far," an Indian looking man with multiple arms said.

"Alright, everyone settle down," a man with a white beard and toga said.

Michele looked around, overwhelmed. Where the hell was he? And... Are these guys gods? He must be having a wild dream, "... I must be dreaming."

"... No, Michele. You're not dreaming. Technically," the woman in the kimono said.

Michele gulped, "W-wait... Where... where am I?"

The man in the toga smiled, "Welcome to the Council of the Heavens, Michele. Sorry for dragging you here like this, we wanted to make sure we could conduct this spell with as little of an incident as possible."

The soldier sat up further before he looked down to his sleeping cot which somehow was here as well. He then got off the cot to let his new wings flutter as he looked to the man in the toga, "Who... are you?"

The gigantic man smiled, "I am the God of the Gods, the one who has created it all," He said. "I have no identity, but for simplicity's sake... Just call me God. Zeus works as well."

Michele went wide eyed before he dropped to his knees and held his hands together, "H-heavenly father, it's..."

"Nice to meet you too, son. Stand up, there's no need for such formalities," God said as Michele gulped and complied. "You may be familiar with the others..."

He then started introducing the other gods as they all looked at Michele, "This is our God of War, who has decided to take the identity of Mars."

Mars looked to Michele, "A pleasure. You've been an honourable warrior before and until now."

Michele bowed a bit in respect before God continued, "This here is the God of the Sun who has taken the identity of Amaterasu."

Amaterasu looked to Michele as she smiled, "Nice to meet you, dear angel."

Michele smiled back before he looked to the next god, "And this here is the God of Destruction, who has taken the identity of Shiva."

Shiva looked to Michele as he waved, "Don't let the name fool you, I'm not some malevolent being."

Michele then nodded. He sighed deeply and ran his hand against his head, "I've got a dozen questions."

God smiled, "I can imagine. Please, go ahead."

"Okay... Why am I here?"

Amaterasu then spoke up, "You're here Michele because we have been meaning to make contact with you."