Chapter 31: The Horde

Doors to the World, 6:28 PM

As the joint Italo-Topan forces on top of the wall scrambled to their positions, an Italian soldier sounded the alarms back at Tormeus. So now all they have to do was wait for backup. On top, Italian guns and Topan enchanted bows took aim at the incoming swarm of trolls, ogres, and demons.

Nosgorath looked bored still. But through his spectacles, he could see that the walls have become... different. There were bright lights, a heavy grey material, and unfamiliar soldiers on top of the walls. The Demon Lord then furrowed his eyebrows as he sat up straight.

To his sides, two ogres taller than their minions eyed the strange wall. The red ogre, who was simply named as he was, looked to his master, "My lord. The walls look different. And I spot strange soldiers on top."

"I'm not blind, Red Ogre. Hm..." Nosgorath then stood from his chair as with a wave of his hand, he ordered the beast underneath that carried him to stop. The Demon Lord eyed his minions before he yelled, "Mere goblins, onward!"

...

Knight Captain Dawlin eyed the incoming horde as beside him was Captain Rizzo looked into the binoculars alongside his Topan counterpart. He then looked to Dawlin as he spoke, "Well then Captain? What do you reckon we do?"

Dawlin then placed down his binoculars as he spoke, "Get every single one of them. Let not one demon get close!"

Rizzo furrowed his eyebrows as he spoke into his radio, "Open fire!"

...

Nosgorath could see sparking lights up above as he looked at this mere goblin men. Screams of pain and death from the little green fools resonated through the snow as he could see them be sliced into mere holes from the unknown bullets. The demon lord then sneered as he spoke, "The Topans must have gotten new magic, surely," he said with a sneer as he further commanded, "Siege hogs! Commence attack!"

Tall man hogs then yelled out their battle cries and with that, they grabbed the rocks and boulders they were bringing together and started to run for the walls to get a better throw. But even at a farther distance than the goblins where they could dodge arrows, each one succumbed to the unknown bullets as all fell to the ground in either a quick or painful death.

Nosgorath furrowed his eyebrows. How on Elysia can those arrows get so quick and reach so far!? His tactic won't work. He needs to rethink this.

Blue Ogre then spoke up, "My lord, their arrows are powerful but they're few in numbers... we are a hundred thousand! They will run out of arrows soon enough!" The ogre said with a gleeful look.

Nosgorath looked to his henchmen before a crooked smirk bestowed upon him, "That is true, Blue Ogre..... Everyone!! Attack!!"

The war cries of demons, goblins, and monsters alike rang out so loudly that one could've sworn the ground was shaking. As they charged, some would be toppled and trampled over and even then they only had one goal in mind: to kill those on the wall as the demonic army came in like a tidal wave.

On top, an Italian gunner went wide eyed before he shook his head as he kept on shooting. There was an invisible barrier between them and the demons. As each petty soldier fell down, some of the corpses started to pile up by that point. There was a temporary stop, as the soldier reloaded his machine gun.

But as this went on for a couple minutes, the demons were inching closer and closer to the wall with each reload.

Nosgorath smirked. There were still waves of demons to toss at them, and eventually those unknown warriors will succumb to his will. But in impatience, the Demon Lord then floated as he watched his two Ogre henchmen running in to join the chaos. With a simple raise of his hand, a group of unmanned wyverns, controlled with telekinesis started to fly to the walls to take down those on top.