Chapter 8: Fashion Fury

Piazza del Duomo, Milan

Remille wondered just how often can she feel dizziness in a single day. After the train journey, such a fast motion left her queasy through the first half until their arrival to Milan. But as if that wasn't enough, the sights of tall glass and iron towers near the train station had nearly made her fall with the gaze she kept.

So it was no wonder that Remille was finally given a chance to let her hair down. Well, in her terms anyway.

Such royalty of Parpaldia of course had hobbies that the peasants cannot possibly afford. One of that included shopping for the latest dresses and fashions. But as their convoy stopped at the plaza, her eyes were dead set on the large arch up ahead.

While the rest of the group had their focus on the large gothic cathedral, Remille huffed as as she stepped out of the car, keeping her skirt up as she looked around.

Antonio meanwhile had a smile. "Welcome to the Piazza del Duomo, one of Milan's most prominent sights to be. To the side is the Duomo di Milano which took nearly six centuries to technically complete, fun fact."

Kaios being the nerdy one of the group, of course had a look of astonishment. If the Italians weren't already so technologically advanced, their culture and history was quite rich too. "That's... quite insane to think about. Ambassador, if this took nearly six centuries to build, how long did those metal towers take? Surely as long?"

"Hm? Oh, you mean the skyscrapers?" Antonio asked as he looked to Kaios before he shook his head. "Those only took about five to six years, I believe... The reason why the duomo took so long was mostly because people come and go with their own ideas, adding onto it."

Kaios nodded as he rubbed his chin. "Interesting... that's quite amazing."

While this went on, Remille in her usual impatience scoffed and spoke. "We have enough time to speak of history later. I wish to see Italy's sense of fashion." She said as she crossed her arms.

Antonio smiled. "Oh yes, follow me." He said as he started heading towards the archway which stood between two buildings. At least that's what it looked like.

As the group went through the less-than-usual busy crowd, the Parpaldians marveled at the iron and glass roof. Everyone took notice at something. Kaios eyed the architecture, Remille eyed the stores with windows of dresses, and Antonio of course smiled at their reactions. "This is the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II. One of our most prominent shopping promenades for fashion. I believe this is a place to your liking, miss Remille."

Of course, Remille kept her ever posh attitude and yet she had to be honest. "Indeed.... I wish to spend some time here." She said as Jana was beside her, ready to carry whatever dresses she desired.

"Not to worry, that's part of the plan. Whatever you wish, we will pay." Antonio said with a smile. The Parpaldians talked amongst themselves in excitement. "Now, how about I suggest some Prada?"

——————————————————

As Remille was in the dressing room of one of the stores, the Parpaldian royalty eyed the dress she wore. It was no doubt a modern dress and yet its design followed a distinct renaissance fit for nobility like her. As Remille twirled her skirt a bit, the door knocked behind her.

"Miss Remille? I've brought over the shoes you have taken an interest in." Jana said as she had a bunch of shoe boxes outside. As Remille opened the door, the maid could not help but smile. "That looks certainly nice on you, Miss Remille. Both Parpaldian yet quite Italian, no?"

"Hm. I suppose it does, hm?" Remille said as she eyed the mirror in the dressing room. "I must admit... the way the fabric hugs is a bit odd, but... it's rather nice. Not as nice as Parpaldian dresses but... still nice." It was strange indeed. Her shoulders were out and the skirt was far from puffy but she still liked this deep red dress.

Jana nodded as she then pulled out a set of leather high heel boots. "The saleswoman says that these shoes will fit that dress the best."

"Boots? Those are peasant wearings, Jana." Remille said with a skeptical frown.

"I agree, Miss Remille, but she did say that even the nobles of Italy wear these... turns out their way of fashion is quite different." Jana said with a soft chuckle.

Remille was skeptical at first but it wouldn't hurt to try. She slipped off her high heels as she sat down on the seat, taking the boots. After Jana struggled a bit with slipping them on, Remille then eyed herself in the mirror as she had a look of surprise.

"Hm.... I'll be taking these then."

——————————————————

Bulgari Hotel Milano

With Remille back in her usual dress, the woman can't help but watch her Parpaldian peers be all giddy with their new Italian wares. Purses, coats, shoes, even Kaios had joined in the fun and bought a coat that better fit Mirishial ones.

But to Remille, she could not help but feel the same except she did not wish to show such childish behavior. Even if it was very exhausting to keep her facade up.

Antonio then eventually returned as he spoke. "Our rooms are ready. Miss Remille, you will be getting the Penthouse up top." He said with a smile.

"Pent... house?" Remille had a look of confusion.

"Ah... it's essentially the biggest room in the hotel. The rest of you all will have luxury suites." Antonio said as he directed them to the elevator.

——————————————————

Night was falling over Milan. As the sun was slowly setting over the horizon, Remille sat on a garden chair outside as she sighed. Despite a whole day of essentially doing things she like, Remille was exhausted. Especially after that weird fashion show, who on Elysia could've thought of such weird outfits?

Regardless dinner was gonna be held soon and Remille wanted nothing more than to be left alone right now. She watched in the distance the so-called skyscrapers start to light up. Electricity as it turns out was a very common luxury in Italy. She could only recall Mu and the HME having such luxuries.

Remille gripped her necklace tight at the thought of having a powerful neighbor.

——————————————————

(A bit of a short chapter, which I do apologize. But the next one will be quite the treat.)