Chapter 14: Status Quo

Port of Esthirant, 11:37 AM

The sounds of seagulls were evident around the Victoria yacht and on the deck stood Remille. She gripped the railings of the ship as she looked ahead and watched the city of Esthirant get closer as the yacht continued on. With a smile, she sighed, "There it is, home..."

"Home indeed Miss Remille," Jana said with a smile as she was setting the last of Remille's luggage down on the deck for easy retrieval later. "It's nice to finally see Esthirant after a while."

"Agreed," Remille sighed. "No place like home after all..."

Soon the yacht stopped as close as they could to the port which really wasn't fit for ships of that size. Remille was the first along with the delegation to be brought back to shore. She sighed in relief as finally she felt dry land under her and with that she looked ahead to see a crowd greeting her for her return. Remille simply waved at them. Whether the crowd was natural or arranged was a matter of debate.

Kaios meanwhile adjusted his hold on a device the Italians called a laptop before he looked to Antonio as he smiled. "Ambassador Antonio, that trip to Italy was one of the most captivating and amazing experiences I've ever had in my life," he said. "I'll see to it that Italy will have an embassy right here in Esthirant."

Antonio then smiled. "Same to you, Director Kaios. We'll have an embassy arranged for Parpaldia as soon as possible," he said as the two men shook each other's hands. "This is a bright new start for Italy. Thank you for assisting our nation in our stabilisation."

"Not a problem at all, ambassador," Kaios said with a nod. "I look forward to our cooperation. Well, perhaps I'll see you later then? I will be discussing with the Emperor about the trip soon."

"Of course. I'll see you then," Antonio nodded before he walked off with Mario to head to the inn they stayed at.

As their staff handled their luggage, Kaios then approached Remille as he looked to her, "His majesty is expecting our presence, yes?"

"As soon as we get back. I think he's in his study waiting for us," Remille said. Soon the imperial carriage then arrived and as the door was opened for the two, Remille and Kaios hopped in.

With that Kaios couldn't help but look out the window. Esthirant was very similar to Rome in many ways from the buildings to the winding roads and yet Kaios could not help but think that the city seemed... a lower level than Italy's capital. He'll have to keep that thought to himself for now.

As for Remille, she slightly frowned. With the trip to Rome, she had forgotten how bumpy it was while being on a carriage. She only realised now how spoiled she was during that trip because she disliked the ride on her own carriage. Which gave her a cause of concern. She can only hope Italy would be willing to give them cars.

Soon the carriage arrived at the Imperial Palace. A servant arrived and opened the door for the two as he bowed at Remille. "Good afternoon, Miss Remille. His majesty has been expecting you in his study."

"I know that," Remille said as she rolled her eyes. "Go on now, do what you must." She said. The servant bowed again before he started to guide Remille and Kaios to Ludius's study. Even though she already knew the way, but that's just how royalty is.

As Remille entered the palace, she sighed with a little smile. It was nice to be back home now, and the first thing she'd probably do after discussing with Ludius would be to continue the book she was reading.

Remille and Kaios went up the grand staircase as they followed the servant. Soon they reached a grandeur set of double doors before the servant knocked.