S-rank Dungeon II

There's wind blowing inside the boss lair.

An S-rank mana Beast would be on par with an SS-rank Adventurer or ten S-rank Adventurers. The decision Alexander took was in no way rational or logical.

The power difference from AA rank mana beast to S rank one, would be like earth and sky. The fact alone stood that there are no registered SS-rank adventurers in the entire Sapin.(Lances are excluded as there identity was kept secret for the time)

Kaspian was a AA rank adventurer, augmenter with wind element and a close to mid range fighter.

Alexander though ranked A, was on par with Kaspian with elemental restraints. But he had the advantage of elements, he can control 4 of them. And the restriction of conjurer and augmenter doesn't apply to him due to the nature of the system.

[Sense Strengthening]

Alexander lifted his head enhancing his optical, auditory sense to the maximum. He could vaguely make out part of a coiled form. It twitched as it devoured a 3 meter long Spider.

Both of them felt an ominous aura coming from within the cave as soon as he set foot inside.

The S-rank mana beast Medusa Snake, shifted, unwinding from around its short lived meal.

Chills ran down their spine.

The 100 feet long serpent, with its glowing amber eyes and shimmering blue scales, hissed -as if welcoming the new meal.

Despite the chill in the air that made his hair stand on end, Alexander couldn't hide his grin. One could call it madness, but wouldn't anyone want to try their hand at taking down a large beast when faced with one?

Gulp!

Kaspian swallowed hard. The enormous amount of magic power he felt from his opponent was giving him goosebumps.

"I fear my days would be numbered by your side," Kaspian jested.

"Perhaps, if you grant me all the high-level dungeons, I might cut you some slack."

Alexander and Kaspian prepared themselves to face the S-rank beast Medusa Snake.

They knew that defeating this S-rank mana beast would not be easy, but they were determined to emerge victorious.

[Side Quest]

[Condition: Kill the S-rank Mana Beast, Medusa Snake]

[Penalty: failing to complete the quest will result in death]

[Rewards: 

1. An item of choice x1

2. All stats +5]

The system generated a quest to kill the beast, Alexander was satisfied with the core he would get from the beast as he could absorb it to increase the stats but if the system is giving him a free meal. Who is he to complain?

With a grin bigger than the last one, Alexander's eyes became more determined than ever.

[Blinking Steps]

Exchanging a glance, both of them augmented their body and weapons in layers of mana, and dashed forward with blinding speed.

Their synergy had been honed through numerous battles.

He aimed for the serpent's hardened skin, channeling his mana into the blade to make it durable and further engulfing the blade with hot flames.

Clank!