Chapter 5

Author's Note:

"Who can defeat SJW now?"

This fanfic has crossed 300+ views with 22 votes, I'm very thankful to you.

As promised I completed the chapter at the expected date, so no delays here.

Hope you would like this chapter now enjoy.

----------------------------------

Alex's POV

It's been 2 days since I left Ekshire city and we still haven't covered 30% of the journey. Well, the coachman said it would take a week to reach there.

The carriage usually journeys from daybreak to noon, at which the coachman stops the cart to rest and recharge their energy before starting again till sunset. The carriage in total has 15 men excluding the coachman. One of them is an old man named Jack.

His white hair and some wrinkled skin prove that he lived longer than anyone else travelling beside us. And years of living did help him in the knowledge he has of history.

I was sitting beside him on the very first day, so he started talking to me since sitting all day long was boring.

He asked me a few questions about where I come from, or why I'm going to Etistin?

Since I didn't have many major secrets to hide, I did tell him about the harsh life in slums and how I ran from some bullies minus some important details like killing one of them.

And since I didn't have any particular goals at the time, so Etistin was chosen on a whim. Of course, that was not all there is to it Etistin has everything required for him to survive and he could investigate the screen without getting noticed.

After showing his sympathy for the harsh life I lived being so young, he offered me to stay at his place. It would be great but I don't know what his intentions are and I was not in the mood to be overwatched by someone.

Sure, a shelter would be good but it would come at a risk. The first memory I have of this world is people snatching something precious to me and after that trying to sell me off to slave traders.

So, I would rather not trust blindly, than get schemed against.

After respectfully declining his offer, I began asking him about the country. Since there are not many things, I don't know about other than some city's names. Which proved rather fruitful.

The continent in which we live as a whole known as Dicathen, it is divided into four major regions.

Beast Glades, is a territory mainly comprised of and inhabited by mana beasts. A great place for aspiring and veteran adventurers since the area is filled with riches and treasures unknown to us but it comes with great risk.