Rumors II

-Ezekiel POV-

"Hey, you Bastard! Are you ignoring me? You believe you are superior to me just because you briefly gained notoriety from absurd rumours?" My inebriated friend had had enough; he pulled the sword from his back and hoisted it above his head.

"Calm Down! You know you are not allowed to kill anyone in here!" I tried to distract Turman, holding my arms up to stop him from swinging. But nothing of this bothered him even in the slightest as he continued walking towards the front counter.

This further infuriated Turman. He boosted his physical attributes and his sword, shoved me aside, and brought the blade down on the Plundered.

I gazed in horror as the inn was shaken by a deafening explosion, bracing myself to witness the bloodied body that must have been split in two by the force of that hit and the fallout Turman would experience for wounding a member of the Bladeheart family.

The inn rocked by a tremendous explosion and I readied myself to witness the bleeding body that must have been split in two by the force of that attack and the consequences Turman would suffer for wounding a member of the Bladeheart family. Contrary to what I had expected, however, the sword had created a tiny crater close to where the Plunderer had been standing only a second earlier. Turman was also sent flying around 50 yards with his greatsword. The force also caused the inn's door to break. He may have shattered a couple bones, at the very least.

I immediately tried to rush to the Turman side, to stop any further idiocy, but...my body refused to move. 'What is this?' I looked around to confirm if it was just me...but contrary to my thoughts, everyone in the inn froze, like someone had stopped time or there are standing in concrete air. Everyone went still as the atmosphere suddenly turned oppressive, as though we were within a thick, viscous liquid.

I've only ever heard of this phenomenon—that certain great fighters are capable of producing killing intent that may frighten mana creatures away—from my father when I was a child. But what the heck is this? Was it possible to have a killing intent that might truly result in human deaths?

I felt the color leave my cheeks as I slowly turned to face the Plunderer, who was definitely the cause of this stifling environment. He was wearing a mask, so I couldn't see what expression he was making, but I didn't had to. He exuded a menacing atmosphere that was dark and evil. It had a vibrant, bloodthirsty feeling.

I could've sworn that I saw his eyes glowing crimson like a beast. "That was your first and last offence" the plunderer threatened Turman to not test his patience or power. It will be meaningless if he dies in the process.

And through this encounter I also learned that the rumors were absolutely downplaying him. What I witnessed today was a beast with wild nature, the gravity of provoking him is immense.

The Plunderer retracted the bloodthirst and said, "You should consider yourself lucky since I came here in a pleasant mood." I was able to breathe again. I coughed as I hurriedly inhaled big gulps of air. The other adventurers and the inn staff could be seen and heard doing the same, some in worse condition than I was.

The plunderer turned around to reception taking out 2 gold coins on the table "Entire inn for the next 3 days, make everyone leave"

The entire proposal was just a one sided tyranny if not for the gold coins on the table. 'Just how much A-rank adventurers earn to throw this many on trivial things like booking the entire inn' I cursed in mind not daring to voice my opinion or I would be in the same state as Turman.

I could see the color vanish from her face, she was already disoriented by the killing intent just a few moments ago. Now she was presented with the dilemma to chase everyone in the inn staying, incurring their wrath or declining this person who was rumored to be an A-rank adventurer and get on his nerves.