Beast Glades II

Alexander POV

After killing a dozen of beasts I realized the test might not be that hard to complete. This was my first day in Beast Glades and the count has already risen to 12, just in a few hours. If I were to encounter a continuous flux of high ranking mana beasts then the quest could be completed sooner rather than later.

While immersing myself in this little battle, I felt as if I was being watched. I tried to pinpoint the location of the trespasser but the darkness of night in the forest didn't help me a bit.

A few moments later, the last mana beast dropped dead but the count didn't rise this time.

When I observed the beast it was relatively smaller than the rest meaning the beast would be a rank lower than the rest.

The mission' said to kill beasts of B-rank and higher. Soon it would be midnight and I was planning to dive into a dungeon tomorrow so some rest is definitely needed.

I returned to the campsite after collecting the mana stones for some well-needed rest, the new life might be more exciting than Etistin.

.......................

I wake up at dawn to do the regular exercise which at this point is ingrained into my muscles, though the exercise doesn't benefit any longer. But habits are good so I do it regardless.

The other pair which was camping alongside me, were still sleeping; what were the names again 'Arthur and Jasmine'

By the time I returned, Jasmine was awoke, fishing by the riverside for breakfast. I had my ration ready for a week since I was going for a beast killing spree. So, I didn't bothered with this and left for the depths of Beast Glades.

.

.

.

.

Kaspian POV

"The role of guild master may not be for me. I'm starting to get bored day after day staying in this same room under piles and piles of paperwork working with brain-dead officials" I sighed, signing another paper on my desk.

I miss going out in Beast Glades conquering dungeons, fighting alongside other adventurers. 'Speaking of adventurers'

I was reminiscing about my old life when a knock on the door snapped me back to my chamber called the Guild Master's office.

Mary the guild receptionist came inside with another pile of my worst enemies paperwork.

"Sir, these are the new reports that arrived from Beast Glades"

'hah! more work'

I think I should take on some quest or mission myself every now and then. "Mary, is there any new info about Alexander among adventurers?"

I asked curiously, Mary being a receptionist gets to hear all kinds of rumors first hand and so was also my reliable source of information.

"Yes sir, the Plunderer is hunting Mana Beasts south of Beast Glades. The adventurers are very angry with him always stealing their hunt or dungeon"

"hahaha! Is that what they named him now?" last time it was 'Bandit'

In the beginning the nicknames were like "Prodigy" "Genius" but changed after adventurers got to see him on grounds, they started calling him "thief" "bandit" for stealing their prey.

And since he was ranked higher than most of the adventurers out there, and out classed them in combat and magic their options were limited and so the rumors spread.

Well his actions were also affecting Bladeheart's reputations. So I talked with him and we agreed upon the southern part of beast glades will be his to hunt since there were many reports of increase in mana Beasts from there.

Now after a year the reports may have been declined about his plunder but the adventurers who wander enough to encounter him still complain every now and then.

However, I do occasionally ponder why he keeps becoming stronger. He is an 8-year-old prodigy in magic and combat who can match many adults in skill. Forget the conditions; even if he develops normally, he might end up playing a significant role in the destiny of this nation.

But his haste for growing stronger at an alarming rate bothers me, I can't say about all but there are some noble families who don't like competition and when it's out in Beast Glades everything is a fare game since they also control the jury to some extent, getting off with the atrocities isn't a big deal for them.

I don't know what the future holds for him but in the next 10 years he will hold the future I can guarantee that.

............................

Author's Note

First guys sorry for no chapters for 2 months and even then a short chapter with random bullshit but I genuinely have no time for writing past months have been so much rush that I couldn't even open Wattpad.

I will continue this book but I can't guarantee frequent updates. Maybe will try to write a para each day so that I can get a long next chapter.

That's it Bye bye