Beast Glades 1

I'll have to wait and see whether or not it would be advantageous for me to accept his invitation to join his family. However, my new journey to test my abilities in the enormous arena known as Beast Glades is what has me excited today.

Little more than 30% of the land is covered by Beast Glades, which also borders all three kingdoms and offers an infinite view of a forebodingly dense forest filled with monsters. With my little experience, it was clear from our combat that I couldn't compare to Kaspian. I had to rely only on my instincts to avoid his attacks—instincts that had been developed via my battles with beast hoards.

But that can't be all, I have to become strong enough to be considered "a force of nature"; the definition of strong will be rewritten when I ascend to that title.

Keeping my priorities straight and absorbed in my thoughts, I headed outside when I felt someone bump on my shoulder. I came out of my thoughts as the blonde half-elf noble, Lucas with his servants strutted past me.

After ensuring he had my attention, he looked me in the eyes; "Don't get cocky just because you were placed A-rank, you commoners are at the very bottom of the list and I will reach A-rank in no ti-"

I can see his face becoming pale and fear taking over his body as I released Mana Will to force him down, "Competition is not a bad thing, but if I ever found you bumping into me that may very well be the last mistake you ever make"

The servants escorting him were about to attack me but stopped when they met my gaze, I left the building so as to not foil my mood any further.

There are more important matters to tend to than fiddling around with brainless brats.

Xyrus city has the maximum number of teleportation gates due to them being the only mode of going in and out of the city. And the experience of going through one of them wasn't any more pleasant than the last time.

The background was filled with an appealing symphony of natural sounds, including birds singing, occasionally howling and screaming animals, and the steady burble of flowing water. It was difficult to imagine that this region was home to magical creatures powerful enough to kill even the strongest wizard given the area's stunning landscape, which included tall trees and multiple hills covered in a variety of flora and shrubs. The majority of the lower ranking creatures, however, were present here because of the area's plentiful natural resources. The landscape grew enigmatic and dangerous the further an explorer travelled. The uncharted areas of the Beast Glades were home to the lairs of strong monsters that had, in their alone, gathered wealth and might.

Mana flowed through my body into my legs as I engaged Blinking Steps to progress further inside the forest; as the novice area wouldn't provide much trouble. I was given a large and unending playground to try my limitations and grow beyond them.

I had been moving at full speed for two hours when fatigue set in. I had come a fair way and found a water stream, so I made the decision to call it a day and set up camp there.

I started a fire, gathered firewood, and made other nighttime preparations.

I was en route to store some water when two adventurers arrived at the campsite.