Elder Rinia (I)

Viciousbeak, Magmafang and Windranger are names of Mana Beast.

Note: there are no such beasts in novels. I've randomly generated some names to look cool

-Rinia POV-

I was expecting Viciousbeak, Magmafang or Windranger, which is highly active in this area; but never in a million years I would've guessed it to be a human boy no older than Tessia or Arthur.

My adobe is in a remote location in Elshire forest, with multiple traps, spells to hide it from outsiders and magical entities far from mortal comprehension with the natural fog as a constant defense mechanism to stop even the skilled elven magicians to not discover this place until I allow them intentionally.

So, for a boy to get caught in one of the traps; the possibility is infinitesimal and for that boy to be human is just absurd.

The boy's condition was worse than I had anticipated, and as I took off his clothing, I could see that he had battled an opponent who was much stronger than he was.

The wounds were deep and severe enough that I was having hard time believing how he is still alive at this point. Any other person would've died 3-4 times over.

While I treated his wounds, Virion walked outside to look around for any mana beast still lurking in the surrounding to strike.

.

.

"I scouted the area more than once, I think whatever hurt him is no longer in the area" Virion informed

"That's a relief"

Alexander's POV

As soon as I woke up, I immediately wished I could be unconscious again. My entire body felt an enormous surge of burning anguish that rendered me helpless and immovable. Then I vomited blood and what little food was left in my stomach that I had consumed since getting to the dungeon. My body's every muscle, pore, and fibre felt as though it were being methodically sawed by a searing blade.

Lacking even the strength to utter a cry of pain, I just cursed miserably in my mind.

"You're awake!" a voice called out from beside me.

Focusing all my will on staying awake, I ignored the voice. After a moment of hollow silence, I managed to utter a few sounds.

"Where am I?" I coughed the words out, turning my head to the side so I wouldn't choke on my one blood and get a clear view of the person in question.

I was struggling to remain conscious, and because of my foggy vision, it was difficult for me to see the person standing next to me. Before I could come to any form of understanding about my predicament, I passed out once more from pain.

.

.

-Later at night-

I tried to get up but my body refused to listen. Lying motionless on my back, I assessed the situation, but most of my cognitive abilities were focused on tolerating the agony; just opening my eyes required all of the energy I could muster.

[HP: 1000/75000]

[Critical]

[HP is below 2% Player needs to rest and recover his health]

[Player will die if the HP touches 0]

The constant voice of new alerts from the system were just distracting, and adding to the pain then helping me.