Competition(Semi-finals)

"Behold, ladies and gentlemen, the much-anticipated clash of the Bladehearts prodigies - Claire Bladeheart vs. Alexander Bladeheart!!" The announcer's voice boomed across the arena, sending a ripple of excitement through the crowd. It was a match that had been brewing for quite some time, with two members of the same family qualifying under the same category - the ultimate showdown was inevitable.

As the competitors strode into the arena, the sound of thunderous applause echoed around them. The audience was thrilled to see two Bladeheart contenders in the semi-finals, with envy creeping in for the other houses with only three remaining in the race for glory.

Kaspian seethed with anger at the matchup, as he had planned for both finalists to be Bladeheart members. However, nothing could be done now, and the finals were set to take place in the evening, depending on the outcome of the morning's semi-finals. Claire, on the other hand, appeared eager for the battle ahead, a reassuring sign for Alexander, who was about to face off against her.

As the two contenders stood face-to-face, Claire studied Alexander intently, gathering her composure as she did so. She was a chip off the old block, wielding her rapier with the same finesse as her uncle, Kaspian. Her stance was a mirror image of his, and it was evident that she had put in hours of practice to perfect it. Nevertheless, Alexander knew that she was not yet at his level.

The referee's voice boomed out across the arena, "Ready!"

And with that, the two Bladehearts readied themselves for combat.

"AND GO!!"

Claire sprang forward with the help of wind magic, leaving a trail of dust in her wake as she closed the gap between them. Her rapier lunged forward, coiled like a spring, propelled by the momentum of her initial step. Her speed was impressive by normal standards, but to Alexander, who had honed his perception with the Sense Strengthening skill at 50%, her movement was as slow as a snail's pace.

Ducking and twisting his head to avoid the stab, Alexander's skill and quick reflexes were on full display as he dodged with ease. The crowd erupted in cheers, witnessing a masterclass in swordsmanship from the two young Bladeheart combatants.

"Excellent dodge," she mused, retracting her rapier in preparation for his next attack. Alexander, by his facial expression didn't seem like to be at the receiving end and the remark from someone weaker didn't do anything to appease him.

Without hesitation, Alexander launched a sharp-angled lunge, his sheathed blade aimed directly at her torso. With a notable difference in speed, the attack landed with precision, causing her to lose her balance and stumble backward a full ten feet.

"I can't say the same for you, though," Alexander taunted with a smirk. Claire, caught off guard by the rapid counterattack, was left in a state of bewilderment. As she regained her composure and locked eyes with her opponent once more, she heard her uncle's voice echoing in her mind.

"Fight with everything you have at your disposal - your magic, your technique, and your wit. Only then will you have a chance." At the time, his words had seemed empty, but now, facing Alexander in the flesh, she finally understood their significance

'I Understand.'

Claire could see her opponent for who he was now, and she understood why her uncle had always praised him. This realization only fueled her determination to defeat him here and now.

Igniting the flames around her rapier, she lunged toward Alexander once again. To the untrained eye, it might have seemed a foolish choice, given the previous failure of her attack. However, the move was dangerous if taken head-on without any defense. Alexander quickly estimated the trajectory of her attack and moved to parry it, but then cancelled his maneuver and stepped out of the line. In the next moment, the flames engulfing her rapier launched themselves like a bullet fired from a rifle.