Adventurer's Guild 3

The room was quite unlike the last time I came, the circumstances were different but the premise was the same. Kaspian entered the room after changing into new clothes. He sat across me on the other side of the table.

"So, shall I propose you a deal?"

It came unexpected but I would like to hear what he has to say, "What is it?" I asked placing the mask on the table to have a normal conversation.

"How about joining my Bladeheart family and becoming a noble?" he proposed something I didn't imagine even in the wildest of imagination.

"Huh!" a reflexive word

"I do know that you also held back quite a bit in our duel and if it is possible, I would like to provide you with better resources befitting your calibre and in doing so I would like you to associate your name with my family"

"Will that be all? Just for associating myself with your family, you are willing to give me all the benefits I need?"

"Yes, that's what I'm saying"

"Why is it, that I don't believe that?"

"If you have your own terms, I'm happy to hear" he proposed further

"I'm not particularly confident in the resource part, I can become strong on my own and also not particularly fond of nobles either"

"So I won't be joining your family with those terms"

"Then do you have something in mind?" Kaspian pressed further

Kaspian POV

Alexander refused my proposal, and I don't want this chance to slip by; that's why I wanted to hear his terms. The battle between the noble may not seem upfront to the public but the friction is always intense.

Each family wants to rise above the others, and the chance of collecting merits in a short span of time never presented itself after the last war with Elves. And chances of anything like war happening is next to none seeing the aftermath.

So, the only things are a strong next generation, because power can't be denied out of the 4 extraordinary entries came today; one belongs to the Dwarven race, one to the Wykes family, one in some way to the Flamesworth family but Alex doesn't belong to any faction or family to my knowledge. My sources confirmed this information.

If I can recruit him, even if it is in name, I can see Bladeheart family ahead of many others; an 8-year-old, light orange stage mage is no small deal even the Wealthy Wykes family using elven slaves to breed and elixirs couldn't compare to his growth. He has the potential to become one of the pillars of the kingdom with his strength alone if allowed to grow.

He will put us many steps ahead in the race to become the strongest.