Adventurer's Guild Exam 2

"Next Note" the examiner called, a boy with a white mask came downstairs. He was the one I met at the Auction house. The boy with peculiar mana beast as his bond. I recognised him only by his mana core and his bond; he was also wearing an illusion mask like myself to hide his identity.

He was a swordsman, given the weapon he was carrying; a double-edged, unlike Blue Depths (name of the blue water element sword) which is single-edged.

The boy was ready to attack when the guild master came to personally test him. My hopes rose once again since I got to see the possibly strongest member of the guild in action.

I was unsurprised by his rank given the title he holds as guild master of the Biggest Guild Hall, but the gap between the ranks is exponential with successive steps. The rank gap between D and C is incomparable to that between A and AA.

He held a rapier in his right hand, given his lean build, strong muscle and stature he obviously had farther reach than Arthur and the amount of mana he had surrounded his rapier tells he won't be making any rookie mistakes.

Though I was curious about Kaspian, Arthur was also on my list of interests; he was the same age as me and on light red which from this world's standards are considered prodigy amongst prodigies. I had a handicap with the system at my side, I wonder what his story is? 

The battle between them was intense, I could sense that all the attacks though dodged, were only missing by a hairs margin. Arthur was carrying himself quite well given the disadvantage he was at in battle experience and outmatched in mana capacity.

Kaspian had wind element affinity and Arthur had fire but I was sensing wind elements being used from time to time, maybe he is dual element affinity of wind and fire.

The battle was getting more intense as time progressed and I could see Arthur at disadvantage, and the battle came to an unexpected halt when Kaspian withheld his next attack, right when everything was getting interesting.

"B rank" Kaspian announced the result, the adventurer sitting there dropped their jaws on the floor, they were all well over their adulthood and none of them reached C rank; but right now 3 of the new recruits were placed in B rank they weren't even past twelve.

Note or Arthur nodded and returned to his seat. "Next Alexander" the scarred examiner announced.

As I came downstairs from my seat to the arena, 'Let's see how I fair against you Kaspian,' As much as I was excited to get my adventurer's license, I wanted to fight this guy; and since he offered to be a guest in arena, I don't want to miss this chance to fight a less powerful opponent.