Chapter 8

After searching around the area where he killed the lizardman, he found their hideout. But the place on the outside didn't have such a place.

He knew this because he passed from there in his last quest, the place has been changed and remodelled after the real Etistin city.

There was a swamp around their hideout, and more than 10 lizardmen were guarding the entrance. There were two options for him to choose between, either lure all of them outside and fight there or barge inside their cave he has no map for and can possibly limit his movements.

He decided on the former and began to kill the guards at the entrance, Blinking Steps though low in proficiency was able to outmatch them so fighting them wasn't a problem.

After a few minutes, all the guards fell, lifeless at the entrance of the cave,

"No raise again" Alex was worried about another thing, even after killing 14 lizardmen his stats didn't rise for a single time.

'Did I hit the limit' the only thing he was getting is the increase in proficiency of the skill.

'Maybe it's because these monsters are weak'

Since there aren't any more monsters left to check his hypothesis, he entered the cave to lure them outside.

There were many skeletons of monsters he didn't recognize on his way, he met occasionally some guards but they were no match for him as they get their heads cut off before they can even react.

The interior of the cave is bigger than he thought initially, it was at the very least a hundred meters wide.

'Looks like my movements won't be restricted'

He activated his 'Mana Sense' to be ready for a sneak attack, there are many blind spots.

Soon, he reached the main place where all the other monsters were gathered.

'There are about 40, more than the wolves'

'It's more like settlement than monster group'

Alex activated his Blinking Steps to vanish from his place and began his hunt to kill the monsters.

-Slash-

-Slash-

-Slash-

-Slash-

.

.

.

The ones here were weak but quick to react they soon were on guards for the intruder, it did little help though. Alex's strength and speed were superior to theirs.

When Alex was on his way to kill the lizardman closest to where he came from, a wave of fire emerged from behind him.

If he wasn't quick on his feet he would have been engulfed in the flame. The lizardman whom he was aiming for wasn't so lucky. He was incinerated within a few seconds burned to fries.

'Guah!!'

Alex after distancing himself from the group to search for the one behind the attack, he saw a new player on the field, a lizardman walking past the rest holding a giant sword in fire.

'So, you are the one behind the attack' Alex activated Blinking Steps and vanished in the air for the lizard to see him.

[Mana: 150/210]

[HP: 1400/1510]

-Clang-

The sword clashed but wasn't able to cut, Alex backed increasing the distance between him and the leader.