Hidden Motives (II)

-Alexander POV-

I eventually arrived at the boundary between Beast Glades and Elenoir Kingdom after 4 hours of exhausting ride having spent more than five years on this planet and experiencing various attractions. The natural beauty of this planet fascinated me most that spread endlessly till the horizon, in contrast to my former one, which had been destroyed by fighting for what few resources were left on the planet.

Only constructed miniature parks were vaguely close to the forest and were there so that nature's supply of oxygen wouldn't be entirely destroyed.

[Mana: 12,365/18,000]

"Well, enough being a nature lover. Let's complete the task on hand"

I recited the line to me while taking the Aqua colored Sword, Blue Depth from the inventory.

In front of me were a hoard of more than 25 Flame Wolf Mana Beast, each of them were 3 meters and above.

Means B-rank, It will be an easy task

'Bravo'

-Mana Discharge: Mana Will-

-Blinking Step-

-Water Blade-

-Wind Blade-

-Thunder Spear-

-Fire Bomb-

Rather than fighting like a skilled swordsman, with the minimum resource at hand. Alexander fights like a beast and relies on his instincts to decide on whether to attack, dodge, or run through Sense Strengthening coupled with Mana Discharge: Mana Sense.

There is hardly any blind spot to sneak up to him, only some beast who can completely erase their presence like Shadow Panther can hope to do so. But even then it will be hard for him to kill Alexander in one blow.

Since while fighting Alexander always protects his vitals areas like the back of his neck, his heart with thick coating of mana and his skills allows him to fight not only like an augmenter but also a conjurer.

Mana Will, a skill through which the user can channel their aggression or malice into their mana and direct it towards another being(i.e., bloodlust). The being will be able to feel the bloodlust as if it were physically palpable. The low ranking beast will be unable to keep their sense and become wild and even unconscious. The higher ranking ones can keep their ground but they won't be able to fight with full concentration.

This skill was great in hunting beasts of similar and low ranking in groups.

After his mana capacity increased the range and timing of the skill which can be maintained active also increased significantly.

The time to complete the subjugation quests of a group of monsters is also reduced by a lot since the beasts are unable to cooperate in joint attacks.

That should've been the case for this time too, but for some reason the beasts weren't affected by the skill in the first place.

'Are they of higher rank than B?' I suspected

Beasts of higher ranking have the ability to think and process the information and react accordingly, this trait is rather visible in higher B and A rank mana beasts who become leader of the group.

But the group Flame Wolf I'm hunting isn't showing these traits of intelligence, but they are also stronger for normal B-rank Flame Wolves I've hunted till now and on top of that not being affected by Mana Will means they have rather strong mentality.

'Did all of them somehow become stronger than B-rank?'

I don't know what happened to them, but since I'm hunting right now I shouldn't be distracting myself by thinking about these things.