Chapter 4

Author's note

Hey Guys, you are showing this book a lot of appreciation.

And as promised I completed this chapter earlier than expected.

Enjoy the chapter.

-----------------------------------------------------

Jov was searching for the boy in the dense bushes grown everywhere in the forest, it was his carelessness that the boy managed to escape. If perhaps he would've checked by beating him.

Things wouldn't have gone this way. They are now running over the whole slum, and market from morning without food just to find this brat.

It accidentally clicked in his mind to check the other exit of the slum, towards the market and was lucky to find him escaping through the exit. Maybe he shouldn't have shouted back then.

He would be in his hand by this time, now he had entered the forest his luck only lasted a few moments, thinking he sighed.

He didn't find anyone running or the bushes rustling. He was on alert now he concluded the brat is hiding and perhaps looking for a chance to escape or attack. So, he need not be merciful, the brat has already made Boss enraged with him; now he had to search for him, for two hours empty stomach. Thinking a sinister smile grew on his face as he took out his dagger, it would be bad to not return the favour.

[Emergency Quest]

[Enemy hostile to the player found in the vicinity]

[Engage in battle and eliminate the said enemy]

[Rewards]

[1. Iron Dagger]

[3. +2 points in STR]

[3. Status recovery]

He didn't see it wrong, did he?

A holographic translucent blue screen in front of his eyes, informing him about an emergency quest; requesting to kill the enemy.

Despite the shock, he didn't flinch or respond through his body.

His enemy was in proximity; it would give him, his location.

But different thoughts ran in his mind like a bull's race, crossing, contradicting, and eliminating one other.

Disappearing all but one, the holographic screen was similar to the one's IDS used to receive their orders.

The context of the screen was different but the screen was similar. And how did he know about it? he saw it in his dream last night. The soldier who shot himself, even though he saw the in the third person.

It felt so surreal, to the point he mistook it for reality for a moment.