Chapter 2

Nyomi pov

Nyomi pov

I took a deep breath and let it out slowly as I open the door to my childhood home.

Which was a modern looking four bedroom flat. I was immediately hit with the smell of food coming from the kitchen. Walking toward the kitchen where I heard my mom and Navy voice.

My mom was dressed in a tan knee length dress and Navy was dressed in a blue floral dress that made her look like she was glowing.

Now feeling a little uncomfortable in the outfit I had on which was a white corset And Skinny jeans paired with some white strap heels 

Picture below

Wasn't she still in school she doesn't even look like she pulled an all nighter

"Nyomi how are you, baby?"

Mom opens her arm, calling me quietly for a hug. Embracing me in her arms, I hug her back.

I wish this peace could last forever between the both of us.

"Good ma,"

"Navy was just telling me how she is top of her class and that's excellent".

Pulling away from her arms, I sigh and roll my eyes.

Not this now... I wish we could go a day without praise her for once.

I graduated top of my class in highschool and college. Nobody ever acknowledged that. Is what I wanted to say but I refrained myself.

Patience

Mentally taken in a deep breath and putting on a fake smile.

" that's great"

Ping

Looking down at my phone grateful for the distraction, I noticed messages flooding in from my group chat with the girls. 

Bitches🖕🖕🤪🤪🥴🥴🥴

Poison🍃(Ivy)
I'm bout to get my ass fired

Ariel 💕💕🐠🐠(aria)
Bitch how?

Poison🍃
My boss is at the club I'm at & giirrlllll...... he look  too good

No filter 😂🤣💗(Zoey)
Go for it bitch he gives big dick
energy

Me
No! do not listen to Zoey who going to present for me now

Posion🍃
You can get yo lazy ass to present😂🤣

My face fell and looked at Ivy text she knew that wasn't reason i didn't present myself. She probably didn't mean it like that I am just taking it the wrong way.

Ariel💕💕🐠🐠
Now u know that's not way she don't present bitch 🙄

Posion 🍃
I know it was a joke 

Posion🍃
but anyway I am bout to get me sum dick🥴🥴🥴unlike somebody I know

No filter 😂😒💗
Bitch u know he don't want that pussy🤣😂🤣

"Nyomi what was the whole point of coming if you are not going to be present" mom said annoyed

"my bad the girls were blowing up my phone"

A frown came on her face

"You need to stop hanging around those girls, they are the reason you and Jace broke up"

Mentally rolling my eyes for the second time today, my mom still can't accept the fact that Jace was a narcissist asshole who was probably cheating.

Those friends of mine got me out of the toxic relationship and I am glad they did because looking back now I wasn't happy. He was always body shaming me or comparing me to other girls. That guy gave me low self-esteem.

"Ma, can we not talk about him today?" I sigh.

"Just saying. You know that was the best thing to happen to you and you just broke up with him for no reason".

" It wasn't for no reason, he was verbally abusive and my friends helped me see that."

She rolled her eyes at my response.

"All you said was he always comments on your weight. All he did was point out the obvious fact that you need to lose a few pounds."

Seriously

Her world hurts, I am at the verge of crying. I won't let them know how much their words get to me. Why can't I ever get use to this by now?

My weight is all what people see, and I get judged by it. But coming from my mom it hurt way worse.

"Mom, that was a bit mean, there is probably a valid reason that led to her breaking up with Jace." Navy defended.

As much as I didn't like Navy getting all the attention and good looks I could never be mad or hate her because she was my sister.

I trusted and needed her most especially in times like now, where mom doesn't know she is going too far.

The oven beeped and Navy and I started setting up the table. Once we were both done mom came in with pasta, salad and pie.

Mom is a good cook, that's the only thing I looked forward to when she invite us for dinners.

"Darris the food is ready"

Papa walked out of his office, Navy and I went to give him a hug but his hug lacked warmth, taking his hands off me as if I burnt him without acknowledging me he took his seat.

Dad didn't show that Navy was his favorite but we all know when a child was the favorite child.

We all sat down and started to eat, In comfortable silence filling the room. Grabbing food to put in each of our plates.

"Nyomi don't you think you should be getting more salad look at your sister plate"

Glancing at Navy plate, she is an upcoming doctor and Navy is that type of girl who counts her calories. Is what I wanted to say but instead I added a little salad on my plate to satisfy ma.

I noticed how Navy kept looking down at her phone, smiling. I smirk at her knowing what that smile meant.

"So Navy who is the special person?" mom asked and Navy eyes widened a little.

It kind of hurt that she noticed because my mom didn't guess that I was dating anyone even after I introduced Jace to her she didn't think I .....in her words I had actually caught such a successful, and handsome man like Jace.

"Oh well we just started dating a couple months ago"

"That's great, why don't you bring him to dinner next time?"

She grimaced and said "I don't know if that's a good idea"

"Of course it is, I know that whoever you bring is going to be great."

"Ok" Navy responded shyly

EDITED BY Theadesola on wattpad