..:: Forty ::..

AN: We've reached chapter Forty of our tale of Michael and Sarah! Gosh, I truly did t think this story would get this far. This is truly the beginning for our beloved couple, and I promise so much more is to come! Thank you for the comments, votes and support, it truly means so much to me.

Descriptive Sexual Content

"Merry Christmas, baby." Michael whispered against Sarah's neck.

She sighed and shifted against his chest, giggling as the top of his nose brushed her ear. "Merry Christmas, Michael."

His eyes fell to gaze at the engagement ring as it nestled perfectly upon her hand, admiring it in the early morning light. A sigh passed his lips, things couldn't have gone anymore perfect. These past few months have led to the happiest days of his life.

Placing a finger upon her chin Michael slowly lifts her eyes to his, simply content by gazing deep into them. The visible shiver from her sent a thrill through him but with a quick kiss he sat up and stretched.

Sarah smiled and took the moment to stretch as well, wrapping herself in a fluffy robe.

"Do I get to unwrap you later?" Came his playful wink.

"Only if you're good," she replied with a laugh.

"Oh, I'm always good."

"Is that so Mr. Jackson?"

"Mhmm."

Together they walk back towards the main foyer and living room hand in hand. All was quiet save for the beautiful sounds of the animals, the tweets and twitters of the birds only added a sense of serenity to the moment. Wrapping paper lay strewn about from what gifts had been opened the night prior, with the remaining still nestled below the tree.

"I'm getting some cookies before we finish opening presents."

"You and that sweet tooth of yours!"

"Hey, I can't help it." Michael took a bite and smiled. "I've got an amazing lady that can really cook and I love it!"

Sarah shook her head and sat down with him. "You're such a dork."

"Maybe, but I'm your dork now, Mrs. Jackson."

Mrs. Jackson.

She couldn't hold back the smile as her heart swelled with happiness. He truly asked, and she truly answered with a yes. Even if they had waited longer to reach this point her answer would have still been the same. Life as she knew it had changed for the better, and there would be now way of which to return to as it was before they met.

Together they began exchanging and unwrapping presents, and true to his word Michael had every intention of spoiling her. She had insisted he not do so, but the argument was soon lost and scattered to the wind. There was no way to win that one and Sarah accepted the fact.

Michael watched her with wide and sparkling eyes. It was a true joy to see Sarah's eyes light up with each new gift, the joy and love that sparkles within. After her story of not celebrating in a very long time, it warmed his spirits to see her happy and joyful.

"But I couldn't do much for you—"

"You gave me more than enough by saying yes, baby." Michael pressed his forehead to hers. "That was more than enough."

Their lips met in a tender kiss, one so soft and tender to where they nearly collapsed with need. Yet he pulled back and smiled, stroking her cheek with a mischievous glimmer within his eyes.

The phone began to ring and Michael quickly stood to grab it, "Hello?"

"Merry Christmas, Michael!"

"Liz! Merry Christmas!"