..:: Thirty-Six ::..

"What? You're not coming back?"

"Yeah, I've gotten the opportunity of a lifetime, Beth."

"Well, can we at least keep in touch? You're not just my employee, you are family to me, Sarah."

"Of course, you know I'll definitely help with that display before release day."

"Just take care, I wish you the absolute best."

Sarah smiled. It was a bittersweet moment to part ways from her now former place of employment. Beth had become a wonderful friend these past few years, and that she will forever be grateful for.

"You too, bye."

Michael watched her with curious eyes as he sipped at his orange juice. "I know that had to be difficult, I'm so sorry, babe."

"No, it's ok, Michael." Sarah replied as she set the phone down. "I want this, I truly do."

The air became still between them momentarily as they ate breakfast. Sweet sounds of the animals could be heard from all around, adding to the serenity of the moment. It had been a memorable weekend, in more ways than one.

His arm wrapped around her waist as they sat together in silence, exchanging shy smiles and kisses as they continued their meal. He sighed and pushed his plate aside, sipping at the remainder of his juice. Every move from Sarah was so beautiful and bewitching to him. Now that they were going to be living together it would be pure magic every day and every night.

Brushing aside a stray lock of hair, he pressed a kiss to her temple. "You are going to love being here."

"I already do," Sarah replied. "It's more than I ever imagined."

"Just prepare for me to spoil you."

Sarah smiled, finishing her breakfast and taking their dishes to the sink. "Spoil me all you like, but I'm still independent, Michael."

"I get that, babe. But you deserve days to be pampered." Michael followed close behind, hands grasping her hips. "You're gonna live like a queen."

They swayed back and forth in silence, simply content holding each other. Michael sighed, tracing her waist gently, her body was soft and warm against his chest. Allowing his eyes to close momentarily, he took a deep breath, taking her scent to memory. Sweet cherry blossoms filled his senses, and he smiled.

"Ever have your own magazine, Michael?"

"Hmm, no, it never crossed my mind. Why?"

"Just a thought, maybe something to accompany the new album. Like part of a fanclub or something?"

Michael smiled, "Hey, it actually sounds like it would be successful. I'll keep it in mind. Would that mean you will write the articles for it?"

"Sure, if you like."

He laced their fingers together over her waist. This beautiful soul was continuously blowing his mind with ideas for the upcoming album and tour. Having her at his side was already making the impending preparations and planning all the more easier, and enjoyable.

"Why don't you like touring, Michael?"

His body tensed, "Long story."

Turning to walk away, Michael crossed his arms with a sigh. He didn't mean to come off cruel but it was a touchy subject for many years. When his eyes met Sarah's, he was met with an understanding of which so many before her never held for him. He swallowed hard and shifted his eyes to the floor.

Sarah didn't ask anything further, the glint in his eyes saying more than enough. It must be something he would open up to in time, and she fully respected those boundaries.