..:: one ::..

Some references to the allegations and past events within⚠️

Late 1994

“Cut the music.”

“What’s wrong, Michael?”

“I just need a break.”

“Gotcha, take all you need.”

Michael removed his headset and leaned against the wall. Life has been a whirlwind these past few years. From the highest of highs to the lowest of the low. His heart and mind could only take so much at this point.

Exiting the studio he made his way down the quiet hallway where he slumped to the floor. He had been pushing himself to the maximum, pushing the envelope as far as it could possibly go. The new album was well on its way to release, all that was needed is some polishing in ways only Michael could accomplish.

And with a new album comes a new tour. Something of which he always dreaded, it always messes with his internal clock. Insomnia to the point of exhaustion. From one city to the next on pure adrenaline alone.

Running a hand through his short ebony locks, he allowed himself to sigh.

“I gotta focus, come on, Mike.” He whispered, moving to stand back up.

He knew the world was eagerly awaiting the new music for the most part. He also knew of how the press would possibly react and attempt to tarnish him once again. And that is something he could only tolerate for so long.

But God gives his strongest the toughest battles.

Michael glanced at his watch, it was approaching evening and he knew it was time to attempt to get some rest and allow his mind to recharge.

"You ok, man?'

"Yeah, I'll be ok. Take me home, Bill."

"Of course, you got it, Mike."

They walked through the halls together in silence, all that could be heard were their footsteps and quiet breathing. 

Michael soon entered the waiting limousine, nearly collapsing into the plush velvet cushions. Now he knew just how tired he had become, every muscle burned and ached with fatigue. And going home to an empty home made it all more heartbreaking.

All he has ever wanted was a family to call his own, especially after growing up as he did back in Gary, Indiana. Images of Joseph holding the belt in his hand still sent shivers of fear down his spine. Rehearsals were always painful and extremely long, going clear into the early morning hours.

And sometimes the shows would keep him and his brothers awake. And that also meant hearing things no one should hear at such a young age. 

He could stm hear Jermaine's moans as he had sex with a groupie right next to him. He would always feign sleep and act as if totally out for the night, but he heard it all.

The provocative dancers in the clu s were forever imprinted in the back of his mind. How could a woman disrespect her body like that?

And it all affected him in ways that no one has ever known.

Not even Katherine had a clue as to what went on for so many nights. Michael knew that if she had a clue as to what her son was doing he would get one hell of a tongue lashing. Mama Katherine would not put up with that.

She was raising men, not boys who used women and treated them like objects.

Women are special to Michael, who deserve all the love possible. To be loved and cherished gorgeous all time.

But his faith was dwindling by the day on finding his queen. No one would want him with a past with so much baggage and allegations. So many have already been driven away by what happened a few years back.

Michael leaned his head back against the seat, laying a hand across his forehead. Things just had to come together, the album was counting on him at this point. He longed for the well deserved comeback he was working towards. 

"We're here, Mike." Came Bill's gentle tone. "You ok back there?"

"Yeah," Michael replied with a sigh.

The main house was quiet, more quiet than usual. His footsteps echoed through the hall as he made his way to the bedroom. Upon reaching the door he locked it hastily and collapsed upon the plush comforter with a groan.

"God, help me." Michael sighed, rolling onto his back.

Michael's eyes gaze up at the ceiling with a quiet sigh, tracing the intricate patterns above him. It was something to do as he struggled to fall asleep.

His thoughts continued to race a mile a minute, part of him felt as if it was still at the studio, while another part was already planning the accompanying tour. He already had so much on his plate, the envelope ever pushing closer to the edge of no return. 

Before he could comprehend, sleep had fully taken hold of his senses.

This was the life of the most famous and successful entertainer the world has ever known.

And yet they had no inkling as to how alone and destroyed he truly felt.