twenty four

donghyuck woke up to a loud cry. he groaned and stood up, walking over to minhyuck's crib. "good morning, baby. how was your sleep?" he carefully picked him up.

the baby still hadn't stopped crying and donghyuck knew he was hungry and needed to act fast before he got another complaint from his neighbor.

he only needed one more complaint and he'd be kicked out from the dormitory.

he rushed to the kitchen, careful on where he stepped since minhyuck's toys were everywhere and it seemed the sun hadn't gone up yet. with the baby in his arms, he prepared a bottle. "shh, minhyuck. be quiet, my baby." he whispered as he made the drink.

the baby didn't seem to understand his father and that only made donghyuck act quicker. after a minute, he handed the baby the bottle and calmed down when minhyuck started drinking the bottle and slowly closing his eyes again.

at first, his eyes were closed but still continued sucking on the bottle until a few moments later when there was nothing left to suck, he had fallen asleep.

he looked super adorable.

donghyuck quietly walked over to his crib and set the baby down, bending over to kiss his forehead.

when he got up, he looked over to his alarm clock and mentally cried when he noticed it was barely 1:27 am.

donghyuck sighed and walked back to the small kitchen. he walked over to a drawer and pulled out a loaf of bread. he munched on it until it was done and then walked over to another drawer and pulled out a medication bottle.

he twisted the cap open and shook bottle onto his palm, happy when only one pill came out instead of thousands of tablets.

without any water, he swallowed the medication. closing the bottle, he placed it back into his drawer and walked to bed.

many times after waking up in the middle of the night due to minhyuck, donghyuck couldn't go back to sleep. therefore, he would take sleeping pills to help him pass out.

they weren't bad for him at all were actually recommended by the school nurse and a few doctors he had visited.

after a few minutes of squirming on the bed, his eyelids started feeling very heavy and before he knew it, he took one last look at minhyuck before slipping into the comforting darkness.

"look donhyook, i really feel for you. you had a kid at a young age, who doesn't have any support from the second creator of the child and still goes to college but can you please quiet him down. he woke me up in the morning with his cries. i really don't want to report you to the principal, again." jenna faked a sad sigh.

although donghyuck could only understand a few words-since he still hadn't mastered english-he could tell by the girl's tone that she was being a total bitch. she didn't even say his name right!

"yes, i apologize." he bowed.

either way, he couldn't do anything about it. even if he didn't feel sorry at all, he had no choice but to seem regretful.

jenna had complained to the dean about donghyuck and minhyuck multiple times. the first three times, donghyuck had been given warnings but after that, he was told if the dean was to hear one more complaint about minhyuck crying in the middle of the night, he would have no choice but to be removed from the dorm area. basically, kicked out.

it really sucked. he hated jenna and the dean for it but he also had to understand them. he would be just as mad if he was woken up by somebody elses' kid.

with that, donghyuck shut the door in her face and turned around to take a deep breath.

he looked over on the ground and watched as minhyuck crawled around to get a toy.

he looked very cute. his high cheekbones, plump lips, brown eyes, curly dark brown hair, chubby cheeks and his face littered with moles.

he looked like a perfect combination of himself and mark.

mark..

mark?

mark!

only then had donghyuck remembered what happened last night.

"i saw him." he whispered to himself. "he saw minhyuck." donghyuck couldn't believe it. mark saw his son and his son saw his dad.

"papa?" minhyuck looked up when he heard his name. "baby, you saw daddy yesterday!" donghyuck walked over to him and carried him.

"dada?" confused, the baby furrowed his brows. donghyuck remembered how he told minhyuck that mark wasn't his dad.

"your dad was there yesterday. i was talking to him, do you remember minhyuckie?"

"dada? dada!" all of a sudden, minhyuck started jumping in donghyuck's hold as if saying he did remember. "dad mak?." he added which surprised donghyuck.

"yes baby! your daddy is mark." althought confused on how he knew his name-most likely taught by beomgyu-he was super happy, minhyuck had never said any words apart from papa, nini, gyu and dada. yet here he was, speaking.

"you remember!" donghyuck started kissing all over minhyuck's face which earned small giggles from the baby.

before he could question minhyuck, a knock interrupted him.

with the baby in his arms, he walked over to the door and opened it. revealing a very tired beomgyu.

"gyu!" minhyuck shouted and made arms gestures for the older male to carry him. too bad beomgyu was way too tired to even notice. "d-do you h-have medicine?" donghyuck gasped at his very raspy voice. "beomgyu, you lost your voice?! how much did you scream?" the brunette shook his head in disappointment but walked over to his night stand to pull out a small container filled with lots of medication.

he looked around until he found just the right one. donghyuck shook out the bottle, two pills came out and he walked back to beomgyu, handing him then.

"swallow." he instructed. the tired male nodded and did as told.

"since im guessing you're not going to class.. can you please take care of minhyuck for me." donghyuck gave his friend the best puppy eyes he could ever make.

"fine but you owe me. you haven't payed me back for all the other times but you've payed jennie." he pouted. "i promise to make it up to you." he held out his pinky.

"thank you." beomgyu wrapped his finger around donghyuck's and pressed their thumbs together to seal it.

"i have to get ready now so.. here." donghyuck handed the baby to his friend and walked to the bathroom to get ready for his early lesson.

_________________________________

mark and donghyuck interaction soon or nah?