twenty

"here." jennie suddenly opened the door and handed minhyuck to his father. glitch mode had finished playing and now the members were introducing each other one by one. it was currently chenle but the last one remaining was mark so jennie decided to give minhyuck to donghyuck now.

"thank you nctzens." chenle bowed which made the whole crowd go wild. donghycuk was happy he still hadn't taken the muffs off of minhyuck. suddenly, the camera shifted towards a certain mullet headed man.

once again, the crowd started screaming, even beomgyu. when they calmed down, donghyuck removed the muffs from minhyuck and held him up.

"hey guys i'm mark!" jennie saw how both minhyuck and donghyuck's eyes sparkled. it was almost like if the baby knew. "look baby, it's daddy." donghyuck whispered into his son's ear and jennie smirked, hearing because she was right next to him.

"dada." minhyuck giggled which made all three adults coo at him, especially donghyuck who once again, teared up. "get in line." beomgyu sassily said but obviously kidding, which earned a scoff from jennie.

"i'm very excited to be seeing you guys in person after a while. last time, i came here with 127 and we had an amazing time. i hope we can all light up the stage and freely express ourselves." mark spoke. jennie quickly put on the earmuffs on minhyuck since she knew, the crowd would go crazy when he was done. which they did.

"i'll go back inside." jennie announced. donghyuck nodded and handed her the baby which she happily took inside the room.

the concert was almost coming to an end. according to beomgyu, they only had 3 more songs. and for this, donghyuck decided to bring minhyuck out.

it was calm songs so they wouldn't have lots of flashing lights like the others or even fire or confetti.

"minhyuckie, it's daddy." donghyuck whispered to his son but the younger had on ear protectors so he couldn't hear anything but he did say what donghyuck wanted to hear him say.

"dada!" nodding, the father kissed his son on his cheek and started singing along to 'my youth.' he remembered the day he helped mark write those lyrics.

he couldn't help but cry.

donghyuck always said he was over mark or "minhyuck's father." but now being here, being at his concert, looking at mark, it's all a lie. for some reason, after almost two years, he still can't seem to let mark go.

but he should.

earlier while in the car, donghyuck was panicking in his head. while in the midst of that, a sudden idea came to his mind.

he should use this concert as a way to get over him.

he saw on many quotes saying the best way to let someone go is to see how happy they're doing without you.

and to see mark so happy and not gloomy like he was right now, really said something to him. even though he's kind of dumb because that is his comcert.. anyways, it broke his heart of course but he would move on peacefully.

if mark can do it, so can i.

while donghyuck silently cried and hid his face in minhyuck's neck while the baby watched his father in amusement, beomgyu was waving his lightstick like a crazy person and jumping so much, he was sweating like crazy.

jennie seemed to take notice and came out with a paper plate-that was found in the cabinets-and gave it to him. he happily took it and began his jumping routine again, even though they were singing calm songs.

you really did make it, mark

donghyuck thought as once again he eyed the stadium. everyone in the seats seem to have the same lightstick and beomgyu. they were passionately waving it side to side along with their heads and arms.

the effect you have on us.

he thought when he saw some people crying. sure, he cried too but for a totally different reason. or maybe the same?

all of a sudden, a new song had started playing. "candy." donghyuck had never listened to it apart from beomgyu saying mark helped write it. he got all this information since mark was his bias and always updated EVERYONE about him.

the second donghyuck understood the lyrics, he felt his blood boiling.

Honestly, today's the day
I'm gonna break up with you
I'm going to go see you
Hope you'll understand
Wasn't an easy decision
That's what I'll tell you
But actually, I woke up today
And I just knew it

Got up this morning, the sun is shining
Everything's changed, including my feelings for you
Doesn't mean that I don't love you
Because now I'm going to change myself

donghyuck couldn't take it anymore.

he suddenly got up and with heavy footsteps, walked back in side. the girl that was drinking alcohol that she had bought, noticed his big frown.

"what's wrong?" jennie asked, sounding a little bit tispy. "did you know mark fucking wrote a break up song? that little fucker. the fucking lyrics jennie! it's basically like.. probably his thoughts when broke up with me." donghyuck angrily stated.

after explaining, he took the headphone like things off of minhyuck and placed them inside his diaper bag before sitting down on the couch, the baby happily sitting on his lap.

"wow! the a-audacity that man has. y-you know.. when i s-see him, i promise you, i will definitely slap him." okay, maybe jennie was a bit more than tipsy.

the brunette noticed this and stood up, again. he made his way towards his friend that was starting to slur her words and pulled the bottle away from her.

"how much did you pay for this? i thought you could only buy shots or in cups." jennie drunkenly smiled. "i h-have my ways." donghyuck grimaced in disgust at both the smell of the bottle and her drunken state but stayed quiet.

her way, as in paying $300. a scam in her opinion but let it slide since you're technically not allowed to drink or have these bottles here.

the three stayed quiet while they waited for the concert to finish up. minhyuck occasionally calling donghyuck, "papa." to which he replied with a kiss on his nose everytime.

before they knew it, beomgyu had come out. he was out of breath and even panting. "someone will think you're a backup dancer or maybe even an idol by the way you are sweating." the tan male laughed at the guy who just rolled his eyes and stuck out his tongue.

"can we stay here for a couple minutes? i need to freshen up and plus, i doubt you would want to go downstairs right now since everyone is leaving." beomgyu noted. "you're right." donghyuck muttered and nodded his head.

"i'm heading to the bathroom to clean all my sweat. if anyone comes, don't hesitate to call me." beomgyu added the last part with a sneer.

at this point, donghyuck didn't even question it and just nodded with a hum.

about 5 minutes later a knock was heard on the door and donghyuck assumed it was beomgyu so he just shouted, "come in!" a bit confused as to why he needed to knock when he had a key.

the door opened abruptly but donghyuck didn't question it since that was beomgyu's way of opening doors.

his eyes widened when he looked up from playing with minhyuck.

________________________________

cliffhanger