eighteen

"today is the day." donghyuck whispered to the sleeping baby in his arms. today he'd be seeing mark in real life for the first time in almost two years.

"you'll be seeing your daddy." as if on cue, when donghyuck mentioned his father, the baby yawned and fluttered his eyes open.

"good morning minhyuckie. how did you sleep?" the baby just whined and donghyuck understood he was hungry.

he smiled at him and walked to the kitchen, his son still in his arms. he hummed the melody of a song he was very familiar with as he made his son a bottle of milk.

he sat down on a chair and shook the bottle before feeding it to minhyuck who was eyeing the bottle every second his father had it in his hand.

"you eat so well, my baby." donghyuck praised and kissed minhyuck's cheek, who seemed to lean his face more into donghyuck's chest.

after feeding the child, he sat him up and started patting his back to burp him. "you're going to see daddy today, baby."

"dad-" his words were cut off by a cute burp. donghyuck giggled at the cute boy and turned him around, lifting him up a bit.

"yes daddy!" he kissed his son's cheeck once again and got up. "i'm going to take a quick shower so while i shower, don't do anything bad." donghyuck sat him down on his crib and walked away to pick up a few of his toys.

"here, play with this." he gave the boy multiple toys that will not harm him. "i'll be super quick." he added and kissed his head.

with fast steps, he collected all the items he'll be needing and headed to the shower for a very quick wash.

"mark, i want you to yell at yours fans to scream during this part, okay?" the staff instructed. "yes ma'am." mark nodded at her. he rolled his eyes when he saw her blush.

"jaemin you're up." another staff stepped in and ordered him on what to do. while the younger male was being instructed, mark walked off backstage and went inside his changing room.

walking over to his backpack, he pulled it and unzipped it. mark smiled when he saw a small photo inside. a photo he carried everywhere.

it was donghyuck, smiling up at him. his face was flushed and he was visibly sweating. mark had took this picture when he tickled the hell out of donghyuck for not letting him concentrate on a song he needed to work on.

"mark pay attention to me." donghyuck walked over to mark and layed down in front of him, his head on the older's thighs. "i will, in a bit." mark established and continued writing on his small notebook.

donghyuck sighed and quieted down for a couple minutes, staring up at mark who was so concentrated. his eyebrows were a bit furrowed and every once in a while he would bite his lip.

"mark." donghyuck smiled at the man who looked down at him for a second. when their eyes met, mark stared deep into his soul with hearts in his eyes. donghyuck's eyes twinkled up at him.

almost like if a switch was flipped, mark got to writing. he was writing very fast. ideas started coming up to him when he looked at the younger under him.

"do i give you inspiration?" donghyuck teased and brought his hand up to caress mark's cheek. the older hummed and sunk his face into the warm hand.

"so are you going to pay attention to me now?" he pouted. mark leaned down and gave a kiss to the younger. "almost." donghyuck sighed and got out from mark's hold.

the older looked at him confused. "where are you going?" it was his turn to pout. "i'm just going here." he pointed at the spot next to him and sat down there.

mark rolled his eyes, "i'd rather have you on me than beside me." donghyuck giggled but didn't say anything.

before they knew it, 30 minutes has gone by and mark still hadn't finished. meaning, donghyuck hadn't gotten any attention for the past half hour.

he turned to the older and started planting kisses from his cheek to his neck. "hyuckie, baby, let me work." mark moved his head for donghyuck to be left to kiss the air.

"but i want you to look at me." he moved his hands up and started playing with mark's ears. the idol turned to look at his boyfriend before going back to his wrtings. "there."

donghyuck let out a loud whine that mark found adorable. "look at me. kiss me." he demanded. mark chuckled at his cuteness but didn't do what he was told and began working, again.

"markie~" he wailed in the other's ear. "can you please wait." he sighed and looked up at donghyuck. sure he knew the younger wasn't trying to annoy him and genuinely wanted all of his attention on him but mark had a deadline and if he didn't finish a song he was working on by tonight, he won't have anything to show tomorrow when he's in the studio.

"come on! am i not that important!? you prefer your work over me!" mark rolled his eyes at the younger's statement. he put his notebook and pen down to turn to his side.

"hi." donghyuck smiled when he saw mark staring down at him. "you want me to show you how much you matter to me?" mark whispered into donghyuck's ear, in a husky voice.

the said male nodded and flushed at the tone. he had thoughts on what mark was about to do and to be honest, he didn't mind it at all.

"show me." he said in a seductive voice. he heard mark try to stiffle his laugh but brushed it off.

a small breath left his lips when mark started kissing his neck. he turned his head to the side to give the male more space. right when he was about to put his hands on mark's head to massage it.

mark started tickling him.

"ahh!" he shouted. more shouts continued and mark laughed hard. "s-stop! mark! i'm going to pee! oh my god! stop! please!" he shouted repeatedly.

mark ignored the complaints that were coming from donghyuck and continued. he stopped when the younger started crying a bit.

"i-i hate y-you." donghyuck whispered, trying to catch his breath. mark pulled out his phone. "you look pretty." he leaned down and kissed donghyuck on his lips.

when he pulled back, the younger smiled which mark took it as his cue, and snapped a couple pictures of him.

a small tear left his eye as he reminisced about the past. he wished he could still do that. too bad he couldn't, not anymore.

__________________________________

a cute flashback !