twenty three

"sir, are you sure you wanted us to go to to suite 7?" a security asked the idol. "uh yeah. where are the guests i told you to escort here?" he furrowed his eyebrows when he didn't see the three people from earlier.

"we checked suite 7 and didn't find no one in there. are you sure you didn't confuse the numbers?" mark shook his head at the question. he remembered it was exactly that suite.

"can i check the security cameras?" he asked. "we'll check with the guys and make sure if it's okay first." the bodyguards bowed and left to go find the guy that was in charge of the surveillance.

"yo mark, what's up?" jaemin asked, walking up to the sulky boy, the rest of the members following behind him. "i offered donghyuck a ride home and he accepted so i told him i'll tell security to bring him to the car safely but they're telling me he's no where to be found." jaemin noticed how his eyes got glossy which usually happened when he was nervous or obviously, sad.

"maybe he went to the bathroom or to get something to eat?" jisung reasoned which earned nods and hums from the other idols. "i guess." he shrugged and wiped his eyes.

maybe jisung was right.

stop overreacting, mark.

"sir, we got permission. please follow us." mark nodded and walked with the bodyguards. being nosy, the other 5 didn't hesitate to walk with him as well.

mark noticed this but chose not to talk on it since he knew they would just complain about it.

when they arrived in the big room filled with lots of screens, mark walked over to the guard that was on the chair with his feet up on the desk.

"excuse me, do you think you can look at the camera by suite 7? like, rewind it and show me the footage from about 20 minutes ago." mark instructed. the guy didn't even answer hut immediately did as told.

"here." he said as he typed in a few things and turned his computer screen to mark and the dreamies.

the leader turned his full attention to the tape. he saw how donghyuck, jennie and the little kid ran out while giggling. "do you know where they went after that?" he looked over to the guard and he nodded his head.

"since they were the only fans left apart from the other ones in their suites, i followed them so they wouldn't try anything. im pretty sure i saw them run into the elevator and then run out through the back exit."

as he spoke, he typed in the computer once again and flipped the screen again. "see?" he pointed at the screen. there, donghyuck, jennie and the baby got into a random car and drove off pretty quickly.

"is that all?" the security asked, looking at the seven idols. "yes that's all." answered chenle when he realized mark was too sad to talk back. "alright." with that, the muscular man opened the door and allowed the dreamies to walk through the door before walking behind them.

"i can't believe he would lie to me." mark sighed, a big frown was plastered on his face. "i can." jisung answered which earned a smack on the shoulder by renjun.

"let's just go back to the hotel and then we can talk. okay?" everyone but mark nodded and went back into their dressing rooms to get rid of the cosmetics.

the drive back to the hotel was quiet except for jisung and chenle who kept talking about how fun the concert was. every once in a while jaemin would join the conversation but would then get distracted by his phone.