ten

the whole flight was difficult for donghyuck, even though it wasn't his first flight ever. as he had went overseas for some concerts to see mark.

he didn't know why but he got very sick on the flight. he threw up twice. he found it a bit weird but just thought he was nervous for a new change.

"are you sure you're okay?" jennie asked once again as donghyuck sat down. "yeah.. just scared." he admitted with a small sigh. jennie bent over and grabbed a water bottle she had left on the ground and gave it to donghyuck to help him calm down.

"don't worry. i'll help you with anything you need." she gave the younger male a reassuring smile. donghyuck wanted to cry right now, and jennie knew that. she pulled the tan male into a hug and he didn't hesitate to wrap his arms around her shoulders and hug her back.

not caring anymore, he let his tears go. he sobbed quietly so no one would look at them weird but jennie didn't care. if anyone looked she would have glared at them.

"are you going to eat today?" renjun carefully asked when he watched the older male walk out of his room. "yeah." he nodded his head and sat down next to chenle.

"i'll get you a plate then." renjun walked towards the kitchen pot and poured some soup into a bowl for mark.

"mark, do you want to play basketball with me tomorrow?" chenle asked while sipping on his juice that jaemin had made for himself but was stolen by the chinese. "chenle that was mine!" jaemin shouted.

the said male rolled his eyes which made his best friend, jisung, who was sitting in front of him, laugh. "so do you want to?" chenle asked again. "huh? yeah sure." mark quickly answered.

the chinese nodded and went back to eating his food and arguing with jaemin. "here." renjun sat the plate down in front of the depressed male and sat down next to jeno, starting a conversation with him.

"um.." mark cleared his throat and everyone stared at him, waiting for whatever he was about to say. "he started college." everyone felt bad when they saw mark smiled to himself. it wasn't like the smile he would usually have. it was more of a sad smile.

the whole table stayed quiet. they didn't know if they should ask questions about him. knowing mark was still hurting and heartbroken, they didn't want him to get angry at them if they asked too much questions.

that was the last thing mark said all dinner and just ate his food quietly. after mark had spoke up, the atmosphere was a bit awkward. no one knew what to say.

they stayed quiet for 5 minutes and mark felt a bit guilty for ruining the mood. chenle saw this and decided to crack a joke.

"why did the chicken cross the road?" he asked out of no where. everyoned looked up at him and asked "why?" apart from renjun who wanted to be different and said "to get to the other side." which earned a 'shh!' from chenle.

"beCaUsE." the joke was, chenle made a chicken sound while saying 'because.' he clucked.

no one laughed. they looked at each other with an 'are you serious?' look on their face. but when they made eye contact, they started laughing. jeno even spat out a bit of his food. he was thankful renjun had his eyes closed or he would receive a scolding.

they didn't laugh because of the joke but because of how bad it was. chenle didn't really care that they were making fun of him but felt a bit proud when he saw mark chuckle to himself.

"that was the worst joke ever." jisung teased, wiping his fake tears from his eyes. chenle just smiled and rolled his eyes. "whatever." he mumbled with a snort and continued eating his soup.

they all had went quiet again but this time it was jaemin that broke the silence. "why was jennie at sm?" everyone looked over at mark for the answer since he was the only one to have a connection with her, thanks to donghyuck.

"i told her to update me about donghyuck weekly or monthly and gave her some money to give him." he admitted. "how much?" jisung asked which earned a kick on his leg from chenle. the younger stuck a tongue out at him which the older just rolled his eyes at.

"100,000." once again, jeno spat out his food but only this time he wasn't as lucky. "lee jeno! close your mouth, you just wasted my food!" renjun scolded. he gave the younger a slight smack on his shoulder. "ow." jeno hissed, obviously being dramatic.

"shut it." renjun glared at him. "i'll be in my room." mark got up and took his plate with him in the kitchen. he dropped it on the sink and went back into his room.

he groaned when he felt tears start threatening to come out of his eyes. it was annoying at this point. he cried so much, he sometimes cried without realizing. he sat down on the bed and let them go.

as soon as he started sobbing, he layed down and flipped over to cry into the pillow. he thought the members were probably tired of hearing him weep. when in reality, they all just felt bad for him.

"y-you're so stupid." he laughed to himself and smacked his head. how could he let donghyuck go. he should've fought for him. he should've took legal action. he should've told donghyuck what was going on from the beginning. maybe he should tell him right now. no he can't, it's too late.

__________________________________

hope you enjoyed!