nine

"donghyuck are you sure you're not afraid of airplanes?" jennie laughed at his friend who was gripping onto the arm rest for dear life.

"p-positive!"

after making his decision, donghyuck bought his airplan ticket and thanked god the seat next to jennie's, was still available. it was expensive but jennie bought it with some card and even gave it to him saying it arrived in the mail with his name.

donghyuck gladly accepted it not bothering to check anything about it.

jennie helped donghyuck pack or mostly did everything the last days when the younger started getting dizzy and tired. she rolled her eyes thinking he just wanted her to do everything.

soon, it was their turn to aboard their flight and now here they were, on their way to california.

"please put on your seatbelts. this flight will be taking off in approximately 5 minutes. please do not get up until we let you know that is it safe to walk around." the flight attendant announced in korean and then in english.

"here." jennie handed the shaking boy a book. donghyuck opened it. he stared at jennie with a pout. "you have to learn english." she instructed.

donghyuck knew the basics but she wanted him to work on his accent and learning more difficult sayings. "dont worry, i'll help you." she patted her best friend's head and layed her head on his shoulder. "wake me up if you need anything," she mumbled and went to sleep.

donghyuck hummed and layed his head on top of hers.

-----

"thank you nctzens for supporting up with this comeback! i hope you enjoyed the lively lyrics in our songs. please show support!" renjun smiled and waved at the camera in front of him.

"hello nctzens! thank you for sticking with us during this comeback. if i have to be honest, i went through something difficult while making this album and your support really helped me get through it! thank czennies!" mark sadly smiled at the camera.

"bye czennies!" they all bowed at the camera. mark immediately walked away and ran into his changing room. he couldn't help but cry. he missed his sunshine so much. usually, after a comeback live, he would run to him, give him the biggest hug and congratulate him for a new album.

"mark, are you okay?" the manager could be heard on the other side of the door. he knocked three times on the door and when mark wasn't answering, he used his key to open the door.

"mark.." he rubbed his face with his hands. this is why he preferred idols to not be allowed to date. they would be distracted and it was even worse when they would break up.

"come on, lets get you some water." the manager easily picked mark up and set him on his feet. mark hid his face on his manager's shoulder and walked out wit him, still crying.

the staff giggled thinking he was crying about the new comeback. only his members showed actual concern.

"here." the older man sat him down on a chair and opened a water bottle, lifting it to his lips and making mark drink it.

"mark lee, can i have a word with you." everyone stayed quiet when the ceo of sm entered. no one was aware he would attend the event and immediately started bowing at him.

"mark go with him." his manager patted his shoulder and mark had no choice but to go with him. let's just pray he wouldn't be fired.

he was pulled into a small room which mark realized was jeno's changing room. "what's going on with you?" the ceo asked. mark just said he had broken up with his boyfriend. the ceo clicked his tongue and lectured mark.

"now you get why i was so against your relationship at the beginning? i knew it would end like this. mark im sorry but you can't be acting like this. especially not in public. you are 20 years old. grow up. now go wipe your face. i expect not to see you crying again or your pay will be cut." mark nodded his head and apologized for causing a scene.

the ceo walked out and mark followed behind. he made his way to the bathroom and splashed his face with water from the sink. he didn't care if his makeup was ruined.

"mark we're leaving." chenle announced. mark nodded and grabbed paper towels to wipe his wet face. he threw the papers to the garbage and followed his friend.

"thank you." mark bowed down at the staff. he ran into his changing room and grabbed his belongings.

he slowly walked outside. immediately running inside the van when cameras started flashing everywhere.

"mark, what did he tell you?" jisung anxiously asked. "nothing."

maybe it was best for mark if he masked his emotions. maybe he should just stop all this crying.

maybe he really should move on. maybe it really is for the best.

[jennie (donghyuck's friend)]: just wanted to let you know that donghyuck is doing better. he's even continuing his studies. for his personal privacy, i won't say what college (even though i'm basically going to be telling you everything about him.) but anyways.. he's doing great!]

__________________________________

hope you enjoyed !