seventeen

"look at this! we should totally buy this for taeyong." jisung said, holding up a shirt with the letters 'ty' on it. the members laughed and jisung snickered-proud to have made them laugh.

"mark you should buy your mom something. she said she wanted something from here and new york." jaemin reminded. mark hummed and looked around to see what he could buy.

"come check this aisle out." renjun patted mark's shoulder and cocked his head over to the side. it had various shirts for women. "this one looks nice." mark nodded at the shirt jaemin pointed at and went over to look at it.

as soon as he reached for it, his hand touched someone else's. he quickly pulled it back and looked to his side to apologize to the person.

"jennie?" this came out a little louder than intended but mark couldn't help it. "shit." she muttered and ran away, not giving mark any chances to speak or question her.

he shook his head and flicked his forehead.

am i starting to see things?

he shivered and went back to what he was doing. "mark are you done? we want to go to another store." jeno informed and mark hummed. there wasn't anything good here.

was that really her or am i seeing shit?

have i gone crazy? what is wrong with me?

mark shook the thoughts away and just continued ahopping for his parents and members that were in korea.

"what's wrong?" donghyuck questioned when he saw jennie run into the store he was currently shopping at. "n-nothing." she answered, catching her breath.

donghyuck just hummed and walked over to the worker. "do you guys have this in a size small?" he held up the shirt. "i'll go check if we have any in the back." the worker answered and left.

"wah! your english got better." jennie complimented with a thumbs up. "obviously." the tan male responded, sassily and in english.

jennie laughed at his small accent, finding it adorable. "what are you going to get minhyuck?" the girl asked while checking the price of some shirt.

"i don't know yet." he hummed. "here you go sir." the lady handed him the shirt. "thank you." he bowed out of habit but quickly got up when he remembered this wasn't korea.

"should i get this?" he held the article close to his body. "oh my gosh yes! oh! and these pants with it." jennie walked over to the pants section and showed donghyuck the black pair.

"this is perfect. i'll just wear a belt and tuck this in." jennie nodded, agreeing with donghyuck's outfit choice.

"are you going to buy anything?" he picked up his items and walked over to the register. he pulled out the credit card that he has used this whole time that he's been in in LA. which somehow never ran out of money? not that he spent a lot anyways.

"no, i have stuff at home. we should go over to a baby store and buy minhyuck a new outfit don't you think?"

"thank you." donghyuck received the bag from the woman that was working at the register. "yeah i guess." he shrugged and walked out of the store.

like that, the duo walked to a small boutique inside the huge mall. but on their way there, they encountered lots of people.

"what's going on?" donghyuck, out of pure curiosity, wanted to go check it out but jennie quickly shook her head when she noticed 6 familiar idols amongst the crowd. "i-it's probably nothing." the taller male looked at her weirdly but then shrugged it off.

"yeah you're right. come on let's go." he took jennie's hand and pulled her inside the store. "hello welcome! if you need any assistance, i'll be delighted to help." the lady greeted. "hello and thank you." jennie and donghyuck both answered.

"wouldn't this look cute?" jennie held up a small shirt. "hmm.. what about these pants and this shirt." he held up another piece of clothing. "oh he would look so cute." jennie expressed with a pout.

"right?" donghyuck smiled, thinking about his baby in the clothes. "alright i think i'll buy this for him then." the tan male took the stuff over to the register.

"did you guys find everything okay?" the worker questioned. "absolutely." jennie answered. the worker hummed and started scanning the two items. "your totals comes out to be $25." he informed.

donghyuck nodded and pulled out his credit card. "here you go." he handed it to the man. "would you like the receipt with you or in the bag?" he questioned.

"in the bag please." the worker shoved the piece of paper in there and handed donghyuck the bag along with his card, with a smile. "thank you." donghyuck took the bag and left the store with jennie.

"should we go home now? it's gonna be a long drive." jennie groaned. "it's alright, come on let's go." once again, donghyuck took her hand and lead her outside.

"you're scaring all the hoes away." jennie side eyed him. "i'm gay." he responded with an eye roll. "well you don't look gay holding my hand." she spat.

almost immediately, donghyuck let her hand go which made the girl laugh. "im kidding." she said, taking his hand back into hers.

"you better be." he huffed.

the two called a taxi and road it back home. it was a very long drive but it was worth it when they reached the dorms.

in silence, they walked to beomgyu's room. jennie didn't bother to knock and just walked in. "oh hey guys!" he turned around when he heard the door open. minhyuck was in his arms.

"my baby!" donghyuck smiled and ran up to him, taking him into his arms. "papa." the baby mumbled. "yes, i'm your papa." the other two friends cooed at the sight.

"what did you guys do today?" the female asked as she sat down on the guy's bed. "he ate. slept. and watched kpop videos with me." beomgyu happily told.

donghyuck hummed and continued kissing his son all over his face. "oh yeah! guess what?" both jennie and donghyuck furrowed their eyebrows at beomgyu who was snickering.

"i was watching some nct 127 videos and you cannot tell me minhyuck doesn't look like mark." he laughed aftewards. the two best friend's side eyed each other.

"like did you have sex with mark?" beomgyu continued to joke around but no one laughed. jennie saw the sadness in donghyuck's eyes and decided to switch the conversation. "what will you wear tomorrow?" she suddenly asked.

beomgyu noticed the switch since donghyuck would play around but all of a sudden went quiet. he furrowed his eyebrows but decided to brush it off.

he walked over to his table and grabbed the clothes that were laying flat on it. "hmm.. i'm thinking this and this."

"you'll look amazing." donghyuck complimented with a smile. "really? maybe then mark will notice me." beomgyu laughed at his own delusions.

"why are you even mark biased? why not jeno or jisung?" jennie sighed with an eye roll. "he's my type. if i ever were to date anyone, it would be mark lee. don't you agree, donghyuck?" the taller male asked.

"no." he quietly said.

beomgyu rolled his eyes. "i forgot you were a mark anti. how are you though? he's the man everyone wants. too bad he doesn't want you." it was a joke and donghyuck knew that because that was beomgyu's humor but it still hurt.

out of no where, a single tear escaped from his eye but he quickly wiped it away before the male saw. "i-i forgot i have to turn in a book to the library, i'll get going now." his voice broke a little at the end which told jennie how he was feeling right now.

before anyone could question him, he walked out of the room with minhyuck and his bags.

"dumbass." jennie whispered to herself about the tall guy that was still talking about mark.

__________________________________

beomgyu needs to learn to read the room 😭😭