sixteen

"donghyuck! you actually agreed on going to the comcert?" jennie was in shock. she didn't say yes at first because she didn't believe donghyuck would go but last night beomgyu had texted her saying he was going so now she had no choice but to go.

"he had already bought the tickets. i couldn't decline that, jennie. paying for 5 people is pricey." he informed in a small whisper as he fed the baby he cradled in his arms.

"and you want to see him." jennie added. she watched as donghyuck's eyes slowly widened before going back to normal. he took a deep breath and nodded slightly.

"it's okay don't worry." jennie assured. she walked over to him and comforted him. "it's normal to want to see him." she affirmed.

"are you bringing minhyuck with us?" jennie gave him a skeptical look. "yeah. yesterday, i told him he'd see his daddy for the first time in real life and he said "dada." donghyuck smiled, reminiscing.

"aw you're so cute." jennie bent down and gave the small boy a kiss on his head. "let me hold him." she pouted and gave donghyuck a pleading look. he squished her cheeks and handed over minhyuck.

"hi." jennie said in a baby voice. she began making weird noises and playing around with him.

while donghyuck picked up some toys that were on the floor, suddenly, there was a knock. "come in!" he shouted and at the same time, the door opened.

"are you guys ready or what?" beomgyu grinned. "what do you mean?" jennie furrowed her eyebrows and looked up at the "intruder" before turning her attention back to the little baby that always filled her up with joy.

"tomorrow is the concert!" he announced and squealed right after. "what?" jennie and donghyuck both said at the same time. they whipped their heads to the male who was standing by the door.

"did i not tell you guys?" he made a confused face. "no you didn't." jennie answered and glared at beomgyu. "oops." he shrugged. "well now that you know, dress extra pretty." he giggled and walked out after giving minhyuck a kiss.

"what's up with him?" jennie asked and scoffed. "you know.. if you don't want to go it's totally okay. i'll just tell him." she stared at the male who just pouted a bit.

"no no its okay! i'll go." jennie sighed when she saw how down he looked.

"dada." the baby suddenly said. donghyuck walked over to jennie and took him from her arms. "yes, tomorrow you'll see daddy." he kissed his cheek.

"are you positive you want to do this?" jennie stood there with her hand on her hip and giving the younger a comforting look so he wouldn't be afraid to speak his thoughts.

"im positive. i was reading online and one of the best ways to get over a break up is to see them. maybe this will help?" he explained. she wanted to tease him a bit now that he had finally admitted that he was still not over mark but decided to stay quiet.

he walked over to the crib and layed the baby down so he could make some food for himself and jennie. "alright then." she hid a smile. she didn't know if she was happy because donghyuck was maturing/getting better or because minhyuck was finally going to see who helped create him.

maybe mark can somehow see him and want him back?? she thought. she loved donghyuck and very much admired how he wanted to get over the older male but she also felt bad minhyuck. she wanted him to be raised well and with both parents. not with one and grow up in a college dorm.

atleast with mark, donghyuck would be settled for life and won't even have to work a day in his life.

"foods ready." donghyuck announced. jennie shook her head to stop thinking too much and realized she was biting her nails. she quickly stopped and sat down on a chair in the small table donghyuck had with three seats. one for him, one for jennie and one for beomgyu.

quietly, they both ate. they didn't mind the silence since it allowed minhyuck to take a small nap and the two to gather their thoughts.

"thank you." jennie hugged the male and thanked him for the nice noodles he made her. "no problem." he smiled and hugged her back. jennie pulled away but kept her arm over his shoulder and hummed. "what?" he asked when he realized she was thinking.

"want to go shopping? beomgyu did say we need to look good and you only have boring clothes." she grimaced looking at his outfit. "hey! i was going to change but you came out of no where." he glared at her.

"im kidding but come on let's go. it's been a while since you've gone out." she pleaded with a pout. "i guess i can ask beomgyu if he can take care of minhyuck." he shrugged.

"yes! okay!" she quickly left the dorm to go get her bag from her room that was a couple doors down.

"you guys have worked hard! i'll see you tomorrow." mark thanked the staff and bowed. he walked over to his dressing room and started grabbing his phone and backpack he had brought with him.

he was currently in the arena where him and his members would perform tomorrow. before the concert, they usually practice the day before or the day of and today was no exception.

he was a bit tired and told himself he'd quickly shower when he got home and go to sleep. sure, it was still early but he knew if he didn't sleep right now, he'd have difficulties later since he'd be too excited about performing.

while pushing in the chair he sat on earlier when he was taking a break, out of no where, someone knocked on the door. without waiting on an answer from mark, the person opened the door.

"yes?" mark looked up and saw jeno leaning on the door frame. "we're going shopping do you want to come?" the taller male asked.

completely forgetting about his plans to sleep he stood up, "where?" jeno smirked at the interest. "i dont know jaemin just said he wanted to go shopping so he'll lead." he informed.

"i guess.." he shrugged. "cool. let's go." with that, both males walked out and bowed to the staff that were cleaning up and setting up for tomorrow.

"finally." chenle groaned when he saw the two guys walk out of the stadium.

mark and jeno ran to the car when they noticed fans already lining up. they started screaming for them.

"ew." jisung quietly said when he saw all the garbage and tents the fans had there. "i don't know how they do that." renjun grimaced, shaking his head in disapproval.

"we'll be seeing all of them up in the front of the stage tomorrow." jaemin snickered. "but anyways, let's go shopping."

__________________________________

what do you guys think will happen in the next chapter?

also happy ty day!

even though when i post this it won't be his birthday anymore