eight

it had been two months since the breakup and donghyuck was still doing very bad. same with mark. they both still cried for each other. their friends were still there to comfort them.

"donghyuck!" jennie shouted when she got inside the younger's apartment. "y-yes?" he quickly wiped the tears that came out of his eyes with his long sleeve.

"your mom just called me and told me to tell you that your scholarship will only be available for 2 more months or they will have to give someone else the offer. have you made up your mind on what college you want to go to?" jennie carefully asked. she was sure the younger wasn't in any mood or condition to go to college or even feel motivated but he couldn't stay like this his whole life.

"i was going to go to a college around here to be close to m-mark but now i don't know. i don't want to see him." he pouted and started tearing up at this thought.

"how about this... you come to california with me!" she displayed an excited smile. donghyuck whipped his head so fast he could've gotten whiplash.

"what!?"

"your scholarship is worldwide and for any college right?" donghyuck nodded his head at the question. "come to ucla with me! plus, i leave next week. please donghyuck! it'll be better than to sit around weeping about him all day." with a couple more begs, donghyuck agreed.

maybe it was time for him to get a brand new start. jennie was right, he couldn't stay here crying about mark all his life. no matter how much tears he produced, mark wouldn't go back to him.

instead of crying, missing him and wanting him, he should learn to hate him. a technique many used to get over a break up.

donghyuck will learn to hate mark. no matter what it took, donghyuck didn't want to see or hear about mark ever again.

first though, donghyuck had to let out a few more crying sessions out before starting his new plan.

"mark we have our comeback next week! aren't you excited?" jisung asked the eldest member who was sitting down on a chair, spacing out. "mark?" jisung poked him and that seemed to break mark out of his trance.

"huh? what?" he looked around and met jisung's eyes. the younger furrowed his eyebrows and gave mark a confused look. "i said.. are you excited for our comeback next week?" he repeated.

"oh.. yeah!" mark tried to sound enthusiastic but drastically failed since his facial expressions weren't the same as his voice that was also visibly sarcastic.

"mark come on. it'll be fun!" chenle encouraged the leader. "yeah let's enjoy it while it lasts because before we know it, you'll be working with 127 again." the chinese pouted.

"guys, we have a comeback every 5 months. let mark be sad, he just broke up with his boyfriend. shoo, leave him alone." renjun kicked them out with a broom like if they were rats.

"sorry about them mark, go back to what you were doing." the said male was already back to spacing out the second renjun started speaking earlier.

"do you think he's okay?" jaemin whispered to jeno. they were both in the living room couches but were turned around to look at mark. "i dont think so." jeno admitted. "yeah me neither." jisung added, coming out of no where.

"should we take him to a therapist or something?" chenle joined in the conversation, suggesting methods to help mark with his heartbreak.

"i think we should leave him alone and mind our own business. i heard it's best when they handle it alone since we don't know how to handle his emotions." renjun suddenly spoke.

"yeah but when he's alone he gets super depressed and stares into nothing like right now. he's literally tearing up while staring at the table! imagine what his thoughts are right now. we should help him." chenle pouted, feeling very bad for his friend.

"what can we do? he's hopeless. i haven't seen him this depressed ever. not since you know.." jaemin was quickly shut up by jeno's hand. "shut up! you know we're not supposed to talk about that!" he whispered shouted.

"i mean what? it's true!" jaemin defended himself. jeno rolled his eyes and pulled his hand away.

"let's just sleep this over for tonight and tomorrow we come up with a plan. he needs to be better by next week." everyone nodded, agreeing with renjun.

chenle suddenly got up and poked mark who was once again, woken up from his trance.

"mark it's late. are you going to bed?" he carefully asked. mark just nodded his head. he stood up and walked over to his room. walking through the entrance, he shut the door, not bothering to say goodnight like usual.

this is going to be a long week.

__________________________________

omg i feel like uploading all the parts rn 😭😭