Home~ (Sans x Gn! Reader)

Hi! It's been quite a while, hasn't it? Writer's block is such a bitch >:(

BUT!!

This will be my first attempt at a song fic!!! Yay ^_^

I'm excited about it :3

SONG: Unpacking a Life~ Jeff van Dyck

Sans: Bold

You: Italics

Both: Bold + Italics

Regular: Regular

"The moving truck pulls up,"
"There's a knock on the door."

Sans opened the door for you with a large grin. He gave you a big hug, wrapping his arms around you tight. He can't believe it... It's finally happening.

"now all your stuff is here in boxes on the floor."
"you open up a box,"

"There is so much to do."

 You look at him with a small smile, taking his skeleton hand in yours.

"i open up my heart,"
"this is now a home for two."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Finally, the kitchen... the living room took FOREVER!' you thought to yourself as Sans opened up a box that was sitting on the floor. 

"your houseplant brightens up,"
"the dreary windowsill."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The two of you decide to take a break before tackling the kitchen. A well-deserved break...
Sitting on the couch next to you, he pulls up a show on Netflix. 
Knowing you two would be like this for a while, he pulls up a blanket for the two of you to share.

"Your blanket keeps us warm,"
"In the evening chill."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few hours later, you finally have the energy to continue your unpacking. Sans, of course, is ready to help you settle in.

"we pull your favorite mug,"
"out of the packing foam."

You excitedly pull a bag out of the brown moving box. He wonders what you're doing when you bolt to the fridge. It looks like a bag of... mini hotdogs? Cats? Stars...?

"Stick magnets on the fridge,"

He chuckles as moves over to the fridge with you.

"and we make this house a home."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

'That didn't take as long as I thought it would...' you think to yourself, following your boyfriend to the dining room.
'More boxes. Blehhh...'
Those thoughts come straight to a halt as soon as you pull an item from the moving box. It's special to you... and it makes you smile every time you see it.

"you put our photo on the shelf,"

"I smile to myself."

Sans hands you a knife as you struggle to open a box. 'gosh... they're so silly sometimes.' he thinks to himself, smiling a little.

"you cut the tape with my Stanley knife,"
"and we unpack your life."
"we unpack your life.
"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

'The first floor is finally done!!! Just the bathroom, bedroom, and office, and I'm done!' you cheer to yourself. 
The bedroom will probably take longer than the others... Might as well get it out of the way, right?

"Slowly, slowly our things combine."

You pull one of your most important things to you. You've had it for so many years now, and it's still in a nice condition... only a couple of sewn-up tears.

"your favorite stuffed toy right next to mine."

He pulls out a few awards out of a box. He wonders where and when you got these...? Maybe he'll ask later. 'i should ask them where to put this before i drop it...' he thinks to himself.

"Our prized possessions in a prime location,"

"on the bedroom shelf."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

You put all of your clothes on the bed. Jeez- how many shirts do you have?! There are like... thirty of them! Ugh... you never liked putting away clothes.

"i smile to myself."

You call out to your boyfriend, asking for his knife again. Now, you gotta unpack your pants... just how many of THOSE could you have?!

"you cut the tape with my Stanley knife,"

"and we unpack our life."
"We unpack our life."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

'YES! Both the bedroom AND bathroom are done! Ahhh! I'm so happy! Now all that's left is the office. That'll be a piece of cake!' you motivate yourself, feeling a bit of exhaustion at the same time.
Yet again, you ask Sans for his knife. 'Gosh, I really need to get my own knife... or maybe a pair of scissors.' you lightly scold yourself.

"you cut the tape with my Stanley knife,"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Two more boxes to go!' the both of you cheer happily.
 You begin to pull out the endless amount of notebooks, from it. 'No wonder this shit was so heavy...!' you internally groan.

"and we unpack our life."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

'ONE MORE BOX!!! Just ONE more!!!' you exclaim out loud, slightly startling your lover. Thank The Lord it was a light box. All it had was a few little knickknacks and trinkets.

"We unpack our life."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you set the last object on the shelf, all you could do was smile. The same could be said for Sans, his smile seeming even more genuine than what he usually presents to people. 'they're finally done... they're home.' he internally says to himself.

'I'm home...' you internally say to yourself.

"We unpack our life."

Hi again! I hope I did an okay job...? Hopefully? 

Anyway, thank you so very much for reading!!! I love you guys!!!

I hope you have an amazing day/night. <3