Everything's Spine~ (Sans x Fem! Reader)

Before the chapter, I just wanted to share something I've noticed in my writing, along with something about myself.

So like- I don't know if any of you have noticed, but in- if not all- most of my one-shots end up with someone getting back rubs?

Whether it be for comfort or fluffy reasons, it's always back rubs and cuddles?

So, I just wanted to apologize if the "X gets back rubs from Y" or "Y gets back rubs from X" got old or repetitive.

ANYWAY- I'm pretty sure I know why I always fall back on it: I have spina bifida.

Well, I specifically have spina bifida oculta, the mildest type of spina bifida. It means when I was born, I had a small gap in my spine, but there was no opening or sac on my back. I had a tumor all up on my spine, and they had to remove it. They took a couple of discs out, didn't put them back, blah blah blah. It left a pretty cool scar, gave me regularly occurring back pain, etc.

So for someone to give me back rubs, it just feels really special. It also just feels good, and it makes me feel loved and cared for. So I guess I accidentally slip it in my writing. So to try and STOP making everything about back rubs, This WHOLE chapter would just be focused on Sans giving the reader back rubs, and just being wholesome.

TLDR: Author has back problems, craves back rubs, and is making a chapter focused on it 'cause why not. And... reader WILL be written to have spina bifida. <3

Ever since you were young, you've always loved your back being touched. It didn't matter how it was touched, or how long it was touched, it still felt good. Pats on the back, gentle rubs, to full-blown massages would just feel amazing, and even make you tear up a little. It made you feel so loved... so appreciated... and every other good emotion.

Despite all of that, you have never told your boyfriend, Sans, about it. Whenever his hand would leave your back, you would never whine in protest or frown. You would just keep smiling and hope that he would give you more back rubs soon.

Today, you were feeling particularly affectionate and touchy. All you wanted to do was cuddle him and never let go, and you knew he felt the same way, being the way he usually is.

The two of you did just that. You were laid back on the bed and he laid on top of you. His head contentedly rested on your chest and his arms were loosely wrapped around your waist. He looked half-asleep, the only thing keeping him awake was his focus on you. White, soft eye lights were gazing into your (E/c) ones. If his eye lights could change, they would be in the shape of hearts. He unwrapped an arm from your waist, and a mischievous smile graced his face as his skeletal hand got close to your face. "boop!" he chuckled as his finger tapped your nose. You chuckled with him as a blush crept onto your cheeks.

Instead of his hand returning to your waist, he interlocked it with your hand. A sweet, but common gesture from your beloved skeleton.

You began to feel that all familiar pain begin to stir in your back. Though the scar was on your lower back, the pain always seemed to be above it- in your mid-back. "Sans," you started, "could we switch it up a little, please? My back kinda hurts." With a simple "mhm.", he rolled off of you. You sighed in relief as his weight left your body, your boyfriend felt the opposite, though. "y'know, i've noticed you've been havin' this back pain for a while now. everything okay?"

Ah, he was such a sweet skeleton. Always taking notice of the little things...

"Yeah, I'm fine. I've always had back pain," you reassured as you snuggled into his side. "so it's always given you a back time?" he winked as he held you in place. You playfully rolled your eyes at his "hilarious" pun. "Hardy-har-har. Very funny."

After a few seconds, an idea popped into your head. "Let go for a sec, babe. I wanna show you something." He whined as he let you leave his arms... man, he was just getting comfortable, too!

You lifted your shirt up a little, only revealing your lower back. His eyes widened as they met a milky-white *(or off-color from your own skin tone ^_^)* scar going right along your spine. It was vertical, and it only was a few inches long. "You see that? That's from a surgery when I was just a teeny little baby."

His phalanges ghosted over the scar with uncertainty. "what happened...?" he asked with curiosity. "Well, to make a long story short... I had a tumor where that scar is. They cut it out, but they decided to leave out a couple of discs just in case the tumor came back." you replied nonchalantly. "woah..."

You chuckled to yourself as you put your shirt back down. "That's why I have back pain."

He pulled you back into an embrace, "well, is there anything i can do to help with it?"

Your expression brightened when he brought it up. "My favorite way to make the pain go away is... back rubs. Because the scar's sensitive to touch... it just feels special. Makes me all warm and happy inside, y'know?"

And without another word, he brought his phalanges to your back. He focused around the middle and lower parts of it... and when I say you melted, you melted. It was so great... so gentle and loving. But then again, when is he not all gentle and loving? You smiled as you buried your head into his shoulder, another sigh leaving your body. Somehow, the back rubs felt even better when he did it.

"Thanks, babe... that feels really, really nice."

"'course, hun. let me know if you ever want or need some back rubs, k?"

"Mhmmm..."

"..."

"..."

And with that, you fell asleep in his arms. You felt safe, warm, secure, and most of all... happy.

Thank you so much for reading! I'm sorry for being gone for so long!!!

We're less than 3k away from 10k reads! I'M SO EXCITED!!!!

I love you all SO very much, and I hope you have a wonderful day/night! <3