The Best And Worst Memories

... "So how's the Cali life?"

"Right now, I hate it." He looks at me slightly worried.

"Don't look at me like that." I tell him.

"Stella-"

"Can we drop it?" He sighs.

"You know, I really missed you." Jake says. I blush.

"I missed you too. How's the fam?"

"Good. Jenny never stops talking about you, you know?"

I smile. I can see why. It was always the three of us. Peyton, Jenny, and me.

"She liked the company."

I laugh remembering the retarded things the three of us would do. Like marching around a chair pretending it's a fire, or holding up an imaginary rope and tripping over it. Those were the days.

"She's a freshman now, right?"

"Yeah." There was a pause.

"Is it weird that I still miss living with you guys?" I ask and Jake smiles.

"Nah. I miss it too. I had my best friend over twenty four- seven, and you in the next room."

That's why I always liked Jake. He could always find the light in any situation. When money got tight from my record deal we had to move, and we lived at the new house for maybe half a year before we got evicted. But my parents were really close to the Miller's so they actually took us in and we stayed at their house until we could get back on our feet. That's when it went from Jake being just my brother's friend to mine.

"So is everyone home?"

"No. They took  Jenny to see some play in Miami. You and Peyton really got her into those things."

I smile to myself. Of course we did. The Miller's would spoil us and give us money sometimes, so Peyton and I would save up to watch plays at the Bank Atlantic Center . We would make sure it was enough for all three of us because we hated making Jenny feel excluded.

"So what's wrong with LA?" Jake asks.

"Just this guy I was talking to, you know the game. But I gotta give him credit he's a really good liar. He actually made me think he was different. But hey, I guess that's what happens when you can act." Jake's eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"He's Will's kid."

"The hell? How do you meet these people?" I laugh.

"I go to this private school Notre Dame High on this volleyball and scholastic scholarship, and he also goes there but um.. stuff happened and I had to stay at his house for the weekend and that's when I met Justin."

"Stuff?" He asks. I sigh.

"The family had to go up to visit my grandma and I coulddn't go because if you miss too many days of school at the Dame you get kicked out. So I stayed behind. Then the next day when I got back from tryouts for volleyball there was this robbery going on. But first I thought I was just hearing noises so I called Jaden, and he was on the phone with me when he heard someone yell from downstairs. So he put me on the phone with Will who told me to but a blindfold on so if they were armed they wouldn't hurt me since I can't really identify them and then... long story short I was molested." I say the last part rushed. He just looks at me for a couple seconds.

"Damn. The world tried your life." He starts laughing and I do too.

"Shut up." I push him. So then we reach his house.

He unlocks the door and I see it's exactly like I remember. The tv's, the couches, the paintings, even his room didn't really even change. Except now he has aposter that  couple more posters on his wall including one that Eminem one that said "Not Afraid". He makes me sit down in his computer chair, and he pulled the black leather circle cushion over and he sat on it. He took the mouse and went to his mixtape on datpiff that was bookmarked. Who bookmarks themselves, but whatever. I'm not gonna say anything. So the first two songs made Jake sound nothing but arrogant. But then the third, lighters, I really liked that one. Because now I was seeing the Jake I knew. But then he ruined it coming with the next song that was honestly more arrogant then anything I've ever heard. But then again he fixed it a little coming out with the next song that was cute. The next couple songs went hard, but he still had that cockiness in there. But then the last one was almost tied with the fourth with the amount of arrogance.