thirty eight

"Daddy, it's me again. Where the hell are you? Mom is worried and I haven't heard from you in awhile. I hope you're okay." She says as she hangs up.

"Still no answer?"

"No." Alaina looked at Elena. "I'm scared."

Elena hugged her. "We will see what's going on with him." She tells her. "Right now, we have school."

Alaina nodded as she called Stefan as she walked out of the room to tell him she still hasn't heard from her dad. Elena texted Taylor to tell him about Alaric not answering his calls. She saw the blonde kiss Jenna's cheek before walking out the door.
~~~
At school, Alaina's day got a little better as she saw the new decade dance causing her to run to class to show Stefan. She got behind him and put the flyer in front of him. "I think you owe me a date, Mr. Salvatore." She tells him causing him to look up at her. "What?"

"I'm not doing the 60's, baby."

"Come on, for me."

Taylor looked at Stefan with a smirk and mocked Alaina. "For me?"

Stefan shoved Taylor over to Elena who laughed at the scene. Stefan sighed as he pulled his fiancée down to kiss her. "Alright class..."

"Where have you been?" Alaina asked as she walked up to him. "Do you not think once that your daughter could be worried sick because I was."

Klaus forgot about Alaric being Alaina's father. "I'm sorry, sweetie. I was tied up and my phone wasn't on charge."

Alaina looked at him as she knew something wasn't right. Klaus watched her go to Stefan and knew the girl may have figured him out. Stefan looked at her as Alaric started teaching. "What's wrong, baby?"

"That's not my dad." She tells him. "His actions tells me that it isn't him. Daddy wouldn't let his phone die because he worries to much about me and mom. Something isn't right."

Stefan knew that Alaina was right. Alaric wasn't acting right and the only person who is able to tell that is his own daughter. He felt someone grab his hand and looked behind him to see Alaina holding his hand as they took notes. Or at least acted as if they took notes. "We need to tell mom and fast."

"After class."

She nodded as she would be telling her mom everything and to not let Alaric in because it's not him.
~~~
When they got home, Jenna saw them. "Hey." She tells them. "So, what is it that you two have been wanting to tell me?"

"I'm a vampire." He tells her. "But I would never hurt Alaina or anyone that she loves."

Jenna looked at them shocked. "Also, don't let dad in the house."

"Why?"

"It's not dad." She tells her as she saw him. "What are you doing here?"

"A warning." He says.

"Klaus." She says. "Why my dad?"

Klaus grabbed Alaina. "I know she's pregnant, but I will turn her if you don't do as told."

Stefan kept Jenna behind him as Klaus released Alaina before leaving. She hugged him as she was actually scared. "I'm confused." She tells him. "He had me, but he didn't take me with him. Something's not right Stefan." She looked at her mom. "Mom?"

"I'm not mad. I just need to let this all sink in."

"Go to the Salvatores for safety." She tells her. "I'll be there after this dance."

Jenna nodded causing Stefan to look at her. She hugged him as this was getting to them. Klaus is in Mystic Falls and he is making sure they know he's back. Just not in his body, but someone everyone trust till Alaina figured it all out. "I will keep you and the baby safe. I promise."

The blonde looked up at him and kissed him. She's scared and the only person who understands her is right there with her. Stefan picked her up and sped off to her room. Alaina looked at him as he shut her door. She took his shirt off as he ripped her's. Stefan got on his knees as he kissed her stomach causing her to smile. She laid her head against the door as he started taking her pants off.
~~~
Later that night, Stefan walked over to Alaina and gave her some food. "Yummy." She says. "Told you we look good matching."

"I don't care to match as long as it's with you."

Alaina smiled as she grabbed Damon. 'We need to talk."

"Why?"

"Daddy isn't daddy. It's Klaus."

"How?"

"Alaina knows her father. Anyone that will know it's not Alaric would be her. She figured it out at school this morning." Stefan tells her. "Do you have a plan?"

"Yeah. Bonnie has one actually."

Alaina was confused causing Stefan to take her hand and guide her out. "Stefan, is she going to kill herself."

"Klaus will try to kill her, yes." Alaina didn't like this. "I'm not letting him harm you."

Alaina looked at him. "This is too much. Will you take me home?"

Stefan nodded. "Yeah. Bonnie always has a plan."

"That's why I'm not worried." She says as he picked her up. "I just need to get away from all this."

"Let's go home."