thirteen

Alaina was sound asleep on Stefan's chest when the door opened making her cover her head

Alaina was sound asleep on Stefan's chest when the door opened making her cover her head. "Go away."

"Wake up, lovebirds." Damon said.

Alaina knew what this was about as she felt Stefan cover her up more. The blonde sighed as she was not to happy about this hunt, but if she can have a long and happy life with Stefan, she has to help get rid of Damon.

"We'll help if you leave. Now!" Alaina said.

Damon left as Stefan looking at her. "You really know how to make them leave."

"Well..." she trailed off as she got on top of him. "I want more alone time with you."

Stefan smiled as the one girl who managed to steal his heart leaned down to kiss him. Alaina squealed when Stefan flipped them over so he was hovering over her. "I love you, Alaina."

"I love you, Stefan." She said as she kissed him.
~~~
Alaina walked in her home and saw Elena. "Anything?"

"Yes." She said. "Jeremy was the last one with the journal. Jenna claims he was doing a paper on John for a history grade."

"Mr. Saltzman, asked me about that John's journal. Like I knew something." Alaina said as she pulled her phone out. "It's time to call my mom and see what the hell is going on."

Elena nodded as she grabbed her hand. "Lets do that together."

"Deal." Alaina said as her phone started to ring. The two friends walked outside as they heard Kate Richardson's voice. "Kate, I need you to tell me something and no more lying." She said. "Do you know a man named Alaric Saltzman?"

"Yes, but how do you know him, Alaina?"

Elena and Alaina noted how Kate sounded. "His my history teacher." She said. "Do you know anything about him?"

"Not much besides being my one night stand." Kate tells Alaina. "I do have something to tell you Alaina and that your father isn't your father."

"What?!"

Elena held her friend's hand as she threw her phone down. Alaina wished she never called Kate. She may have not been close to her parents, but Luke was the only father she knew. "I'll help you since your helping me with finding Isobel." Elena said. "You need to tell Stefan."

"I will, but I need to ask mom if she knew." Alaina said as she walked in to see Damon. "I'm not in no mood for you."

Elena looked at Damon who was confused. "Alaina, is there something wrong?"

"Did you know that Luke was never my father?" She asked.

Jenna was shocked and shook her head no. "I never knew." She said as Alaina hugged her. "I'll try to find out more..."

Damon heard and was curious now. Stefan walked by and straight to Alaina. "I'll find out more. Okay."

"Thank you." She tells him as Jenna smiled and was glad that everything was going to be okay. Especially since Alaina had Stefan by her side.
~~~
Stefan came back with copies since the journal itself was gone. Elena was reading on the bed as Alaina and Stefan read together. The blonde was reading. "Wow. John sure hated vampires."

"You don't know half of it." Stefan tells her.

"Guys, John gave the grimoire to someone he trusted."

Alaina looked at Stefan. "I know who."
~~~
The three stood near the grave that Stefan was digging up. Alaina shook her head and looked at Elena. "We can help." She said.

"I got this." Stefan said.

Elena shook her head with a smile. Alaina smiled as she watched Stefan. He pulled the grimoire up when Alaina saw Damon. "Oh no."

"You lied." Damon said as he looked at Elena. "I expected more from you." Than it was to Alaina. "You. I thought you were the truthful one."

"I refuse to let you bring her back."

Alaina didn't know what happened as she was beside Stefan and the next in Damon's arms struggling. "Alaina!"

"Hand me that grimoire." Damon said as he bit his wrist. "Or you're going to have a vampire girlfriend."

Alaina tried to fight him before he forced his blood into her mouth. Stefan gave the book back as Alaina ran into his arm. "Never lay a hand on Alaina again." He tells him as he held Alaina.
~~~
Elena was in her room when Alaina looked at Stefan. "Thank you."

"How are you feeing?"

"I'm fine despite Damon forcing me to drink his blood and the fact I will never know my real father." She said. "Mom, may not let you stay the night so I can you get me an aspirin."

"Sure."

Alaina walked into her room before she was hit in the back of her head.