thirty five

Filler chapter
When Damon called and told them that Elijah was in the basement of the Salvatore house, Stefan had a plan that will keep Alaina and his child safe. To sign the deed over to Alaina. He looked in the passenger seat to see his finacee still asleep causing him to smile. He placed his free hand on her stomach as he couldn't wait to meet his child.

With Taylor being back and wanting to help them, he knew that the people they love and care for might be safe, but something bugged him. Once Klaus knows of Alaina's existence, he will be wanting her to go with him after he gets what he wants from that ritual. "I will go wherever you go, baby."

Alaina squirmed a little bit causing Stefan to pull off the side of the road. He reached in the backseat and grabbed the blanket before covering her up.
~~~
When they got home, Stefan picked Alaina up out of her seat and carried her in as she was sleeping. Damon looked at him as he stopped with stuff to kill Elijah. "I'm not asking."

"How did vacation go?"

"Good, but Alaina and I have learned some things about Lucille Mikaelson and what happened." He says. "Also, she told me that she doesn't think that Elijah is dead, but in a coma. The dagger has an effect."

Damon dropped the stuff and followed him. "What do you mean?"

"She saw somethings from the old age." Stefan says. "She's been having these dreams and I think when we walked up on Lucille's grave, Lucille somehow connected herself to Alaina."

"So what we learned is true."

"Yeah and because of my connection to Alaina, I can see what she sees." He says laying her down and kissing her head. "Do whatever you are wanting to do, but just so you know. Taylor is calling Isobel. I gave him the number. She's the only person who can help us figure out this mystery."

Damon watched Stefan walk out. "Are you going to help us?"

"Nope. I have a family to think of."

Damon nodded as that was true. He looked back at his soon to be sister in law and knew. The Salvatore house will be put in her name. Not Elena's.