six

"I know what you are, Stefan

"I know what you are, Stefan." She tells him.

Stefan smiled as he could tell Alaina isn't scared of him. "What are you?" Elena asked scared as she grabbed Alaina.

Alaina looked at Elena and knew she was scared. The blonde knew she should be, but she couldn't. To her, Stefan is the same Stefan she met. "I'm a vampire."

"Oh Stefan." Alaina said smiling.

"We need to go. Coming here was a bad idea." Elena said as she dragged Alaina from Stefan. Stefan appeared in front of them making them stop. "How did you do that?"

"Wow."

"Let me explain." Stefan says.

"No." Elena said as she dragged Alaina to the car.

Alaina looked back at Stefan as they drove away. Looking back at Elena, she had to tell her. "I'm not afraid of Stefan and I will let him explain." She tells her. "You can be scared of Stefan, but I can't."
~~~
The girls arrived at their home when Stefan arrived. Alaina ran to him and hugged him. "I'm not the one doing any of the killings." Stefan tells Elena. "It's Damon."

"Just leave." Elena said making Alaina look at her in disbelief.

Stefan kissed Alaina's head before he left. Alaina looked at Elena with a glare. "I'm not scared of him, Elena. That's you. I know now that Stefan will never hurt me." She tells her as she walked upstairs. "I'm going to listen to his story. I want to know how this happened."

Elena watched Alaina go upstairs and sighed. She doesn't know how the blonde wasn't frightened by what Stefan is, but whatever Stefan tells them, she won't look at him the same.
~~~
The next day, Alaina smiled as she saw Stefan and walked over to him. He smiled as the one person he hoped wasn't scared was in his arms. "I'm here to listen." Elena said.

"First I didn't kill any one." He tells her once again.

"You let Damon feed on Caroline." Elena said.

Alaina was a little upset over that. "Damon is stronger then I am." He said. "I don't feed from humans."

"Stefan, I understand you didn't have a choice, but why did he feed from her anyway?"

Stefan grabbed Alaina's hand and walked with her as they walked further away from people. "I know you won't say nothing, but Elena, I need you to promise you won't tell anyone."

"I don't know about that. Give me a reason why I shouldn't." Elena said.

Alaina looked at Stefan with a sad smile. He held her close as they went to the woods as he started explaining the story of Katherine. Alaina sighed as she hated how Stefan and Damon were turn apart by a girl. "She sounds like a bitch."

Stefan chuckled as he continued. "She need someone to escort her to the ball. She chose me."

"Did Damon get mad?" Elena asked.

"Damon doesn't get mad. He gets even." Stefan tells her. "When we arrived, Damon was also there with with Katherine..."
~~~
Alaina, Stefan, and Elena arrived back at the Gilbert house when they hear matt and Jeremy asking questions. Elena walked in to see Vicki causing Stefan to understand what is happening. "Stefan?" Alaina asked.

"She's in transition." He tells them. "She has to drink human blood or she would die."
Alaina felt bad for Vicki. Before she could say a word, Vicki left. "I'll go track her down." Stefan tells her.

"Be careful Stefan." Alaina tells him as she kissed him.
~~~
Night fall and Alaina was sitting on the porch waiting for Stefan when she saw Damon. "Hello, Alaina." Alaina nodded a little scared of him knowing he feeds off humans. "I'm not here to hurt you nor Elena, but I came to see if Stefan was here."

"He isn't." Alaina replies.

"Let him know I'm looking for him." He said as he left.
~~~
Alaina smiled as she saw Stefan. "I'm sorry. She fed." Alaina sighed. "I'm going to teach her how to feed from animals not humans."

"Okay." She tells him.

Elena walked out and looked at the two. "I promise that I won't say a word, but I can't continue being your friend." She said. "I can't tell Alaina what to do."

Alaina watched her friend go back inside making her look at Stefan. "I'll see you tomorrow."

Stefan nodded as he kissed her one last time before leaving. Alaina walked in and hugged Elena as the Gilbert girl cried over ending her friendship with Stefan.