ten

Alaina wasn't her usual self

Alaina wasn't her usual self. Bonnie and Elena can tell and knew why. "Has she heard from Stefan?" Bonnie asked as Elena shook her head. "She saved me and he saved her. I'm grateful for both."

"I am too." Elena said as she looked at her friend who tore down the rest of the career night banner. "I just hope she tells him how she feels."

"You finally moved on?"

"I can crush on someone and who knows. I might meet someone who I can love."

"Good for you." Bonnie said as she hugged Elena, but saw Caroline and Matt. "When did that happen?"
~~~
After school, Alaina was walking to her car when she saw Stefan. She smiled a little as she walked over to him. "I thought you left." She said as she hugged him.

"Not yet." He tells her. "There's a new vampire in town."

Alaina pulled back shocked. "Who?" She asked.

"We don't know." Stefan tells her.

Sighing the blonde knew that if they left there still be other supernatural danger. "Stefan..."

"I have to go and see if Damon found something."

Alaina nodded as she walked away with a broken heart. Elena hugged her as she hated seeing this happen to the one who wasn't afraid of Stefan. "Alaina, you have to tell him how you feel."

"Elena..."

"Trust me." Elena said as she looked at the blonde. "I've seen the way he looks at you. He loves you Alaina."

Alaina looked back at Elena and smiled. "I love him."
~~~
That night, Alaina was looking at nursing careers as she always saw herself as a nurse. Stefan saw the one person he was hoping to see. "Alaina." She looked at him and smiled.

"Did you..."

"No." He tells her as he noticed her looking at the career choices. "When I was human, I want to be a doctor." Alaina looked at him. "I can't do that now because of my control around humans."

"I know it's the temptation, but you are you, Stefan. Vampire or not." She said. "You just need a little courage or someone to be by your side to help."

"What did you always want to be?" He asked her.

Before Alaina could say a word, Jenna ran over to them. "Hide me."

"Mom, what's wrong?"

"The Scum Fell has landed."

Just by that Alaina was shocked. "Logan is here." Stefan nodded catching on as Jenna told them of how he tried to get her to let him in. "Jenna, go find Elena and stay with her."

"Okay."

Alaina smiled as Stefan went looking for Logan. She decided to do the same. Alaina walked out side just to be hit on the head.
~~~
"Elena, have you seen Alaina?"

"No." Elena replies as Matt walked over to them.

"She's with Logan." Matt said. "I saw him put her in his car."

Stefan started leaving, but was stopped. "Stefan, tell her how you feel."

Stefan nodded as he left to save his girlfriend.
~~~
Later that night, Elena drove them to the Salvatore house and looked at the couple. "I'm going to give you two privacy."

"Thanks." Alaina said as Elena went inside to snoop around. "Stefan..."

"Alaina, I still have to go." He said. "It's to keep you safe, but I am willing to do this long distance thing."

Alaina watched him get out and decided it was now or never. "Stop!" She said as she got out. "If you leave, that's on you. Think of how I would feel. Even if we did long distance. It's not the same." Alaina felt a tear slide down her cheek. "I love being with you, being in your arms and kissing you whenever, but if you leave, all that will be gone." Walking closer to the front of the car, Alaina decided to finish it. "You asked what I wanted to be and I saw myself as a nurse. That was always my dream because I want to help those and I have another part of my dream that would be ruined. That is to be with you forever." She looked up at his back and chuckled. "I love you, Stefan Salvatore."

Stefan still has his back towards Alaina. She waits for a moment, tears sparkling in her eyes, afraid that Stefan will walk away. Stefan finally turns around with tears in his eyes. He quickly walks over towards Alaina, grabs her face in his hands and kisses her with passion. As they continue kissing Stefan has Alaina against the wall for a second as they make their way into the front room of the Salvatore house. The blonde takes her jacket off and runs her hands through his hair and Stefan holds her face to his as they continue to kiss. Suddenly, Stefan feels his eyes changing and he stops kissing her. Alaina breathes heavily as Stefan rests his head on her shoulder. Stefan, also breathing heavily, finally pulls away and turns around so Alaina cannot see his vampire face. She tries to pull him back to face her. "Don't."

"Alaina.."

"Don't hide from me, Stefan." She tells him.

Stefan turns his face towards hers. Alaina still has her hand on his cheek. Stefan's eyes are red and the veins still crawl towards his eyes. She looks at him with no fear. She gently touches the veins around his eyes Stefan feels a little more under control with his urge to feed on her, Alaina then kisses him. When she pulls away,he pulls her back for another kiss before Stefan's face has becomes normal again. Alaina smiles and takes Stefan's hand. She leads Stefan up to his bedroom. They stop on the landing and begin to kiss passionately.

They, eventually make it to Stefan's bedroom where Stefan begins removing his and Alaina's clothes while touching each others bodies. Stefan then gently lowers Alaina onto the bed and they continue to kiss with intense passion. Stefan and Alaina's hands intertwine as they start to make love. Alaina explores the muscles on Stefan's back and traces her finger against his lip while Stefan kisses her neck and touches one side of her cheek. Alaina's face shows nothing but pleasure as the two have sex for the first time together.
~~~
The sound of a door slamming shut jerked the couple awake. "What was that?'

"Probably Damon." Stefan says as he looked at her. "Need a drink?"

"Please." She said. "How about you?"

"I'm good."

Alaina laid back in the pillow with a smile. Deciding to explore a little, Alaina grabbed Stefan's shirt and started to walk out and into what looks to be an office. Walking inside, she saw a picture laying in the floor and gasped.

Stefan walked back up and smiled as he saw her. "Here you go." He said making her look up.

"Is this why you didn't pick Elena?" She asked as she should a picture.

"I'll explain from the beginning."

"Okay, but first, let me call Elena." Stefan nodded as he watched Alaina talk to Elena. Alaina froze when she heard a scream and the line went dead. "Elena?" When she didn't get an answer she looked at Stefan. "I guess you can explain it to me and I'll tell her when I find out where she is."