twenty seven

The next day, Alaina woke up and looked at Stefan. "Do we have to go help?" She asked him. "I think I prefer to stay here with you."

"I would like that too." He says. "But you promise Caroline that you would be there."

"I know, but something about today is going to end horribly." She tells him as she laid her head on his chest. "With Katherine thinking she can try..."

"That bitch knows who I love and who I'm staying with. I refuse to do what she wants me to do." He says as he pulled Alaina on top of him. "There will always be one and I'm looking at her. My soon to be wife."

Alaina smiled as she leaned in and kissed him. "I love you, Stefan." She tells him. "But you started it and you're going to finish it."

"As you wish my love."
~~~
Before they went over to help the others, Stefan pulled Alaina to the side to feed from her. She closed her eyes as he fed. They never saw Mason watching them with a shock look. Katherine may get upset over this, but he knew that Alaina and Stefan will fight whoever tries to get in the way of them.

"Here, baby." He says biting his wrist. "So no one won't see it."

Alaina nodded as she took his wrist. Stefan looked at her as he saw the wound heal and turned her around. "Ready to go help."

"Do we have too?" She asked. "I think I prefer to talk about our wedding."

"I know, but I see Caroline waving us over."

Alaina smiled as they walked over to them. Caroline held a paint brush out causing her to smile as the blonde took it. "Are you two going to act like you broke up?" Elena asked. "And no, I'm not after Stefan, just a question."

"Hell no." Alaina says.

"We aren't giving in to what Katherine wants. My love for Alaina is stronger than what she thinks and she has another thing coming."

"She can threaten the people I love because I will kill her myself if she tries anything." Alaina says as she looked up at the man she loves. "Stefan, can we go to another part of this and talk about the wedding."

"Oh no, you two are not leaving the best friend and maid of honor out." Caroline says causing Alaina to laugh.

Liz was watching them closely. She didn't want to believe that Stefan and Damon are vampires. Especially with how happy Alaina is. When Damon got a drink he started coughing causing Liz to finally believe it. They were vampires and she needed to protect her daughter and the town from them.
~~~
"Alaina, come on." Caroline says panicking.

"What's going on? Where's Stefan and Damon?"

"We need to save them, but I think you may want to come up with a plan because this is mom's doing."

Alaina grabbed her best friend and knew what she was going to say. "Tell Liz the truth of what happened. Even if she needs to be compelled to forget..."

"Damon will kill my mom."

"Caroline, take me there and let me handle this."

Caroline grabbed her friend's hand and left. Elena was left behind causing her to go back to painting hoping Alaina gets there on time. Even though deep down inside, she was hoping that they give in to Katherine so she can have a shot, but that didn't happen. That's why she's trying to move on.
~~~
When they got to the Lockwoods cellar, Caroline watched Alaina go in. She waited for her chance to go in and heard her mom. "Alaina, they are killers."

"No their not, because the ones that's close to us will always carry secrets." She said with tears in her eyes. "Yes, I'm in love with a vampire, but he made me feel so alive and I'm so grateful to him." Alaina put her hand on a very weak Stefan. "Please let them go."

"I can't, Alaina, I have to kill them."

"You kill them then you can kill me."

That's what it took for Caroline to go in. Her best friend dying at the hands of her mother. "Hi, mom."

Alaina saw the shock look on Liz's face. She turned around and released her boyfriend and friend. Damon went to step forward, but felt something poke his chest. "Kill Liz, I will kill you. Friend or not."

"She knows."

"Compel her when the vervain is out of her system." She says as she looked at Stefan. "Feed, baby."

Stefan grabbed her hand and bit in. Damon was surprised that Stefan has been drinking blood. Stefan pulled back and kissed her. "You can take her home." Caroline says.

"Caroline?" She looked at her friends. "You can come and stay with us."

"Alaina has been staying since she's trying to figure out a way to let Jenna know what is going on." Stefan says. "So you can come stay with us till you decide to go home."

"Thank you, but I better not hear you two."

"Good luck with that." Damon says. "They have sex everyday."

Alaina smiled as she knew why before they left, she took a pregnancy test. "I do need to tell you something, Stefan."

"Let's go home."
~~~
Arriving back, Stefan walked in with Alaina as she looked at him smiling. "I'm pregnant."

"How?"

"I asked Bonnie the other day if there was a spell for us to conceive and she found one." She says. "I know I should have told you, but I wanted to surprise you."

Stefan kissed her as he was going to a father. Alaina smiled into the kiss as he pulled away. "I'm getting the family I always wanted."

"I love you."

"I love you."