thirty three

Alaric told Stefan of a place that he believes that Alaina would like to go. When Stefan told her that they were going on a romantic weekend, the blonde was even more excited. She couldn't wait to see where he was taking her. "So you met my cousin."

"Yeah. He really wants to help us. Says he knows Klaus personally, but doesn't like the way he is obsessing over this ritual, but no more talk about that. This weekend is focusing one you, me and this little one." She tells him. "Why the sudden getaway?"

"I wanted some time with you." He says. "It's been really hard for us to have a day to ourselves so I made it a weekend."

Alaina leaned over and kissed him. "Maybe we can discuss the wedding."

Stefan looked at her before going through the green light. If this weekend goes good without interruptions, he may just suggest them getting married now. "Alaina, do you want a big wedding?"

"No." She says. "I just want my friends and family there. Why?"

"Let's get married soon." He says. "Before this Klaus shows up."

Alaina smiled as she looked at him. "Let's talk about it when we get to where we're going because I want us to get married now." She says placing her hand on her stomach. "I love you and this little one."

"I love you and the baby too." He says.

The two started discussing their plans for the weekend. Alaina liked the idea of just staying in bed with Stefan, but the idea of discovering the land they will be on has her wondering what the land holds. Stefan looked at his fiancée and saw her falling asleep. He can't wait to finally marry her when they get back. That's if they can get married.