four

Alaina smiled as she walked downstairs to hear Jenna mocking someone on tv

Alaina smiled as she walked downstairs to hear Jenna mocking someone on tv. "Should I ask?" Jenna gave the blonde a look making her nod. "I'll take that as a no." She said grabbing her a mug. "So, I'm going to go find a dress to wear for the founders ball."

Jenna nodded as Elena walked downstairs. Alaina grabbed her jacket and knew she needed to ask Stefan to the ball. She knew Elena would ask him, but she wasn't going to let that bother her as Elena will eventually see that he only sees her as a friend.

By the time she shut the door, arguing between Jeremy and Elena could be heard. "Great." She mumbled as she walked away.
~~~
Stefan arrived when he saw Elena. "Is Alaina here?"

"No." Elena replies. "You can come in and wait for her." Stefan nodded and walked in. "Would you like to go to the ball with me?"

"Elena." Stefan started out as he looked at her. "I've done told you that you are a friend." Elena scoffed a little. "You are to selfish and thinks she should be first. Alaina isn't that way. She puts others before her and is selfless. It's Alaina that I care for. She's who I want to be with."

"So that's a no." Stefan nodded as Alaina walked in. "Hi Alaina." Elena said as she walked up to her room to find herself a date.

Stefan turned and looked at her. "Hey."

"Hi."

"You heard every bit of that." Alaina nodded as she sighed. "Hey." Stefan said as he kissed her. "It's you I want."

Alaina smiled as she lead him up to her room. Stefan walked in as Alaina shut her door. She wrapped her arms around his neck smiling. "So you know about the ball?"

"Yeah and I want to go with you." Stefan tells her as he kissed her.

Alaina smiled as she stayed in his arms till he suddenly pulled back. "Are you okay?" She asked.

"Yeah."

Alaina kissed him again.
~~~
Later, Alaina smiled as she was getting ready. Bonnie walked in and saw Alaina. "There is something you should know about Stefan."

"If it has something to do with whatever gossip Damon said. I don't want to hear it." She replies.

Bonnie looked at Elena as they walked in and sat down. "Damon told Caroline that Stefan tried to break him and Katherine up because she picked Damon."

Alaina closed her eyes and counted in her head before she looked at her friends. "I told Damon before and I will tell you now. The past is the past." She said as she walked to her door and looked at Elena and Bonnie. "I can't believe you two are trying to ruin something for me. All because of Damon's words, your judgement," she said looking at Bonnie than to Elena. "And your crush and jealousy because you didn't get picked first."

"Alaina..." Elena said feeling bad.

"Just leave me alone." She said walking out.

Elena sighed. "She told the truth more than once about me." She said. "Stefan only wants Alaina and here I am listening to Damon."

"It's not just you."
~~~
Alaina smiled as she walked in with Stefan. "I'll go get us a drink." He tells her kissing her cheek.

Alaina smiled as she started looking around. Elena saw Alaina and left her date to talk to her. "Alaina, I'm sorry for how I've been acting."

"It's fine, Elena." She replies as she found the old register book from the first founders ball.

"I was hoping Stefan would pick me, but no matter what Stefan will pick you." Elena said.

"It's okay to have crushes..." she trailed off as she saw Damon and Stefan's name. "Damon Salvatore and Stefan Salvatore?"

Elena looked and was shocked. "The original Salvatore brothers."

"Oh no." Alaina said as she looked at him. "I'm staying away from you."

Elena watched as Alaina walked over to Stefan as he handed her a drink. Stefan saw Damon with Elena and watched as Elena's date started dancing with Caroline. "How about a dance?"

"Sure."

Elena looked at Damon. "What happened to them?"
~~~
"I noticed your parents belongsings aren't on display." Stefan tell her as they walked around.

"They don't talk much about things like this." Alaina tells him. "I wanted to know more, but they hardly talked to me."

"Is that why you live with Jenna.' She nodded. "Alaina, you deserve happiness."

Alaina pulled him to the side and kissed him. "You are that happiness."

Stefan smiled as he kissed her. "Stefan?" The two looked at Elena. "Damon has been hurting Caroline. There are these bite marks."

Stefan looked back at Alaina and kissed her one last time. "I need to deal with Damon."

"Okay." She said as he left. Alaina looked at Elena and sighed. "Now explain from the beginning of what happened..."
~~~
I did what I had to do. To protect Alaina. To protect everyone. Yes Damon, the headline reads "Deadly beast captured. All is well in Mystic Falls."

"