thirty one

Filler Chapter
When Alaina woke up, the first thing she did was run to the bathroom. Stefan walked in and grabbed her hair to help her. "Baby, are you sure about spending time with your mom?'

"Stefan, I know I should, but Elena texted saying she wants to meet up." She says. "Stefan, do you know when I lie?"

"Of course, I do." He says kissing her. "I know you, baby and one day, you will see how I know that you lied."

"I don't think I could lie to you." She heard her phone buzzing and looked to see Caroline. "Now Caroline, she's definitely hiding something." She showed him the text. "Don't worry about meeting up with Elena. She realized that you can't be under too much stress or Stefan will kill her."

"That part is true. I can't lose you."

Alaina smiled as she kissed him. "Maybe. I can stay in the bed and let Elena tell me....She's gone to see Katherine." She tells him.

"Let's go."
~~~
Alaina and Stefan arrived at the tomb where Katherine was at. "I see you are in the place you should have been at from the beginning." Stefan says.

"Alaina, I would never lie to you as this has something to do with you." Katherine says. "Stefan, you and her need to leave Mystic Falls. For the two of you and the baby's sake."

"Why?" Alaina asked as she stood in front of her. "Why do we need to leave?"

"Because, once they see that Lucille Mikaelson has a doppelgänger, they will turn her against her will."

"How do you know this?" Stefan asked.

"Elijah told me that Rebekah pointed out that they had a niece. She was given away after Lucille passed out from birth." She says. "Alaina, I know Elijah knows, but don't let Rebekah know because she is desperate to have her sister back."

Alaina looked at Stefan who could tell that Katherine, for once, told the truth. 'I will keep you and our baby safe, Alaina."

Elena walked over to them. "Let's go home." She tells them. "I think Alaina needs to relax some."

Stefan picked Alaina up and carried her off. Katherine hopes that Stefan does as she told him. She would hate to see the pain he goes through if he lost his fiancée and their baby.