•F O U R T Y - F O U R•

ADIE'S POV
For the third time this week Trevor and I took an uber to and from the airport. This time, we were on our way to our Air BnB. Trevor had booked us a weekend getaway to Portugal, to sort of serve as a honeymoon.

I wanted so badly to tell at least my mom, and also Keely, about Trevor and I, but we are keeping it quiet, so I did not. As I watched the other cars pass by I thought about dropping my mom and Keely off this morning.

"Alright honey, you know I love you and you are going to do big things." My mom spoke, pulling me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around her, never wanting to let go.

I went to college so of course I've spent time and lived without her. Even growing up I spent a few days at a time alone while my mom and Keely were at medical conferences. But this is different. This time I'm moving away, not only out of the state, but out of the country.

"Oh Ada." Keely smiled, approaching me. "I'm so proud of you sweets. I know what you can do and I will never stop cheering you on. I love you so much."

"I love you guys so much." I said, holding back the tears as I wrapped my arms around both of them, drawing them near.

"Now boarding flight A8202799 non-stop service to New York - JFK." The voice over the speaker announced.

I let them going, giving them a sad smile as they filed into line at the gate. Trevor stood next to me, holding our backpack. I fell into his side, letting him wrap his arm around me, pulling me close to him. He kissed the top of my head, watching as we lost sight of both of them as they walked down the jet bridge.

Once they were gone Trevor turned to me, speaking quietly. "You ready?"

"Yeah." I grinned. Without speaking we made our way to our gate, a non-stop flight to Lisbon, Portugal.

Trevor held my hand in his, rubbing back and forth slowly as we sat down to wait.

"I love you." Trevor said, his voice remaining low. "So much AJ."

I smiled, leaning into his side. "I love you too, so so much more."

He smiled, wrapping me in a hug, and placing a gentle kiss on my forehead.

As the memory came to an end I leaned into Trevor's side.

"To day was a long day." Trevor sighed, again placing a kiss on my head.

"Yeah I can't believe we had two delays." I answered.

"And taxing took so long." He replied.

"I know. I didn't think Madrid was that bad." I answered.

"I hope my flight home isn't that bad." He said. "I'll already be traveling for 18 hours."

"Yeah you don't want delays." I answered him.

The Uber pulled up to the curb of the building we were staying in. Trevor grabbed our suitcase and I held the backpack. He took my hand, leading me upstairs and into the apartment we were staying in.

"Geez it's late isn't it?" Trevor asked me, yawning.

"Yeah." I replied, walking into his arms. "I honestly can't believe my body adjusted so quickly to the time change."

"I know it's crazy." He smiled, swaying me side to side. "So what do you say we watch a movie and order some take out."

"Do they have that here?" I asked him, pulling away to open the suitcase.

"Well I'll order ahead somewhere close and walk. It won't be bad, you can pick out a movie." He spoke, walking into the bathroom.

"Ok, I'll look where we can get food." I answered, pulling out my phone. I quickly searched and found a place right across the street. "Here we can share a few things."